Fan projects DIRECTLY related to Tenchi Muyo!
by drillmaster
#31344 Now isn't that interesting. I knew from Matt Miller's comments in his Tenchicast that Funimation was kind of shifty in their treatment of the original actors (mind you, you had to read between the lines of what he was saying, but the implication was clear) but that's a shame. This means that even if OVA 4 is brought over, odds are she won't be contacted at all.

Oh well, at least Daughter of Darkness is supplying me with by Burchard kick at the present moment.
by Dagon123
drillmaster wrote:Now isn't that interesting. I knew from Matt Miller's comments in his Tenchicast that Funimation was kind of shifty in their treatment of the original actors (mind you, you had to read between the lines of what he was saying, but the implication was clear) but that's a shame. This means that even if OVA 4 is brought over, odds are she won't be contacted at all.

Oh well, at least Daughter of Darkness is supplying me with by Burchard kick at the present moment.

Idk if she wouldn't be called, but I'm skeptical really of Funimation even attempting to get it, they've shown no current interest in Ai.

Maybe they'll make an attempt, maybe they'll hire her back and make her a secondary character, ALA Ghost in the Shell: Arise, anyway, keep up with the reviewing.
by JGZinv
#31349 We know they have one person in charge of the license at Funimation. So a lot is up to them.
Funimation is also a company obsessed with numbers and what makes sense to them internally only.

About the only way I see them getting Petrea (and since the cat's out of the bag, that relationship may be
even harder to repair) is if they get a announcement that they are doing OVA 4, and the fans make another stink
in a very public manner. It'd help if Mona was too booked to pick up Tenchi too, but the problem is she's more than
one voice. So as far as cost, she makes a lot of sense.

Remember back in 2013 we were told the movies and universe were selling well for them. Ai was just not taken well
in Japan, so they might get that cheap, but I expect that they have no interest. They could have picked it up already and
said something if that was the case. On the flip side, AIC could demand if Funi wants OVA 4, then they have to take Ai,
that's not an unusual tactic, but then Funi will probably camp on Ai and not spend the extra to dub and release it. Sadly
they aren't the type of group to do sub only releases.

At the end of the day it's about money with Funimation, and in their mind they have to have costs low enough to have probability tell them they will more than break even, and that means squeezing VAs and every step of the process. So they have to be shown there is value in returning Petrea for that role for them to care. Otherwise, they will substitute her. It's a business, not a fan club, despite what they claim.

Really if they were smart, they'd try something like a kickstarter or presales poll. If you have choices between box set A, and Box set B, and one has these features and one has those, then you go with what is most popular, and put a premium on it. As long as the customer believes it retains enough value, they'll buy it. For a lot of fans Petrea is worth a handful of bucks to cast as Ryoko. This would solve both problems, as well as their issue with special features and physical doo-dads.
But hey what do I know, I'm just a guy leading an anime club of 360 people, starting a convention, and been in Tenchi land for 14 years.
by mitsuki lover
#31620 I think you shouldn't worry about getting reviews done, since you have more important priorities,
e.g. the birth of your daughter and your marriage.

As a DC fan I loved the reference to Superboy Prime.
My one question would be though: How would a Princess from the planet Jurai living in Japan know about Jesus?
Yes, I know that Christianity has been in Japan for several hundred years now, but I'm not sure how much the average Japanese would know about Christmas being Jesus's birthday; especially someone from an alien planet where they obviously have never heard of the holiday.

All in all another fine review and I really loved the way you incorporated How The Grinch Stole Christmas rhyming scheme into it.
by drillmaster
#31641 I think a bigger question is how would Sasami know who Burgermeister Meisterburger is. I can see Yosho, being a priest and everything, to know about the various religions on Earth and, if Sasami was curious enough, would share it with her, but what are the odds that Sasami came across a Japanese dubbed version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town?

And thanks for the kind words Mitsuki. Gotta miss the old days where any continuity error could be pointed directly to Superboy Prime. God, its sad that Infintie Crisis is considered the "old days."
by SnowQueen
#31647 Even bigger question is how everyone from different planet knew how to speak fluent Japanese right from the get go ._. Lol

Anyway i love your reviews drillmaster mmhmm1 (sorry i never commented on them before but i certainly read them ^^ ((also love your fanfics)) ) also congratulations on your upcoming marriage and and baby girl! kiyonesmile1
by mitsuki lover
#31660 Maybe she's a fan of The Iron Chef? Or maybe the Masaki household some how gets
The Food Network Channel and they all happen to be big fans of Guy Fieri ?

And yeah, Drillmaster, I felt old too because I have a copy of the TPB for Crisis on Infinite Earths
and since then DC has done a lot of other such things starting with Zero Hour.