Fan projects DIRECTLY related to Tenchi Muyo!
by Impossible Odds
#9162 This is a very exciting project. I felt her dubbing was extremely out of place. Mihoshi's as well; I was never really pleased with how Mihoshi was treated as the series went on. Each new season or series, and she became dumber and more childish, until OVA3 where her voice became so high-pitched it could shatter glass.

As for Ryoko's VA... I still have nightmares occasionally. All I can remember from them is that I'm in a dark room, and I can hear something echoing in the distance...

"Bucko..."

Urgh.
by chucklocker
#9165 We're here to make the nightmares end IO! I'm glad you are enthusiastic about our humble undertaking!
by JGZinv
#9213 Yeah someone poke me over the weekend and I'll update the first post and so forth some to be updated.
Wanted to do it last weekend and ran out of time. Just ain't got any time with work.
by mitsuki lover
Impossible Odds wrote:This is a very exciting project. I felt her dubbing was extremely out of place. Mihoshi's as well; I was never really pleased with how Mihoshi was treated as the series went on. Each new season or series, and she became dumber and more childish, until OVA3 where her voice became so high-pitched it could shatter glass.

As for Ryoko's VA... I still have nightmares occasionally. All I can remember from them is that I'm in a dark room, and I can hear something echoing in the distance...

"Bucko..."

Urgh.

:lol:
That's how I felt the first time I saw Tenchi Forever dubbed.
by chucklocker
#9278 Yes please explain Mitsuki Lover, I can't think of any dubbing issues with that film (other than Sherry Lynn not voicing Kiyone of course :P)
by wwwwhhhhoooo
mitsuki lover wrote:
Impossible Odds wrote:I was never really pleased with how Mihoshi was treated as the series went on. Each new season or series, and she became dumber and more childish

:lol:
That's how I felt the first time I saw Tenchi Forever dubbed.

I'm guessing the 'Mihoshi becoming dumber' part is what ML was talking about (?) because as far as I can tell, most of the original cast was in Tenchi Forever (definitely Ryoko, that's what I noticed the most) :lol:
by JGZinv
#9369 Updated the first posts some.

Need to find lines people! For the time being I'd say let's concentrate
on finding lines (if possible) from EP 1 of the OVA 3. Get the first one done.
by Dagon123
#9379 Yes people, we can't do it without you, and after uploading the game videos, I have a nice collection of pure sound effects, so all I need are great clips and we can pull this off

also, if someone could find

Tenchi Muyo!: Ryo-Ohki: Ongaku Shu: Dai 3 Ki Series OST 2

and by find I mean imapirateplz as it has the rest of OVA3's soundtracks, it's essential
by JGZinv
#9380 I'll check on the soundtrack thing.