Fan projects DIRECTLY related to Tenchi Muyo!
by Dagon123
Lighthawk93 wrote:When and where will the video and pics be put up?

The pics will more then likely go up in this thread, but I'm more then likely going to put them up somewhere altogether.

The Raw panel footage is going up here, the edited panel footage will go up here and youtube, I'll let everyone know in this thread, It was an awesome time ^_^
by Dagon123
#16148 Here are a few pictures my brother took of us
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#16158 You guys, I can't even put into words how proud I am of you. So much hard work and planning on your part really paid off, and you boldly went out there and proclaimed the good name of Tenchi for any and all to hear. What's more, the implications for the forum and the fandom for us having an official panel at a well-established convention are sure to be significant. And you brought pics! :washu: You guys rock SOOO hard! On behalf of the fandom and the forum: thank you. I hope you had a great time! And I hope somewhere, sometime in the future, we as a forum could do something like this again sometime...& maybe I'll be able to make it (I'm with ya there, ryokofan, wouldn't that be killer?).

p.s. Z-man: your Yosho is dynamite! Way to rock it! You too chuck! :wink:
by Dagon123
Lighthawk93 wrote: Btw there are two cons coming up soon that you guys might be interested in.One is in atlanta and the other is in savannah.

Is the one in Atlanta, Dragon Con? I've always wanted to hit it up one of these days, as far as presenting the panel again? Well I have every intention of doing it next year at Ohayocon, but where it ends up next and with who, is anyone's guess, lol
by chucklocker
#16171 Awwwwww man, my eyes were closed in EVERY ONE of those pics! I swear guys, I WAS actually awake during the others' segments of the panel! :lol: In all seriousness though, it was a pleasure and a privilege being part of the first official Tenchiforum panel! While it wasn't perfect (more on that later maybe?), I think we succeeded in what we generally set out to do, and learned a great deal about panel running as well.

Well, I might as well take a shot at unboxing my experience at Ohaycon for anyone who might be interested. First off, the con was amazing! Great panels, great cosplay, and a MINDBLOWINGLY good dealers room!

The most exciting part for me, aside from our panel of course, was my very first cosplay experience! I went as my favorite character from Star Blazers/Space Battleship Yamato: Leader Desslok of Gamilon!
Aside from the incorrect hair color (because I stupidly forgot the coloring spray at home!) I am very pleased with how well it turned out! I had several people recognize me, including the panelists at the Matsumoto panel which was awesome!

I mentioned the AMAZING dealer's room right? Well just take a look at all the awesome loot I got!
A pencilboard of my beloved Ami-chan! iheartitplz
Two cool little mini-posters free from the FUNimation booth.
Two SUPER RARE Japanese Tenchi posters. (The first one is a promo poster for the second OVA)
A lovely Asuka figure!
My very first Tenchi doujins, courtesy of our very own JGZinv!
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro, one of my favorite animated movies of all time!
The most exciting of my purchases, Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Complete Collection, which I then had signed by all three of the pilots' voice actors! (First pic: Spike Spencer/Shinji & Amanda Winn Lee/Rei. Second pic: Tiffany Grant/Asuka)
And finally, the prize piece of my acquisitions:
OMG A Desslok figure! I literally lunged for this gem when I caught it out of the corner of my eye!

All in all, a fantastic con! It was also a great capstone having the War on Geminar announcements coming down at the very con we were at! It's pretty cool that at both of the only two cons I've been to (Otakon 2012 & Ohayocon 2013) we got major Tenchi announcements! I must be our good luck charm! :Cheeks: Anyway, I'm very glad that I had the opportunity to go to this great con and meet up with some great people!