Reply To: The History Of Tenchiverse Forums

Forums Getting Started Guides The History Of Tenchiverse Forums Reply To: The History Of Tenchiverse Forums

jgzinv

For Washuu wrote:

Great. This mega-post coupled with a “healthy” debate on the chat (about Kajishima-sensei being the ultimate authority on cannon Tenchi) has just about got me ready to pack up and leave before anything happens to get me cyber-crucified.

If all you got out of my post was “OVA hate” then I’d ask you to look at the purpose of it again.

Quote:

so our successors could understand what had happened in the past, and perhaps learn and do us one better.

What I spoke of was the AFC, AIC, and DualFans mostly. Of those, AFC and AIC were predominantly OVA centric boards. Ask Kiyoka how well

TU fans got a word in edge wise back then if you don’t believe me. The same went for Dual, and it was treated as an outside thing as well.

Being OAV centric boards, OAV 3 struck many the wrong was as I mentioned. It didn’t line up with their preconceived way it should have ended.

As such it fell short, and was the source of many splits in those communities. TU didn’t even really have it’s own board, the closest thing probably being

Tenchiboard in the early days. That is the past, it happened.

So for me to leave out what caused the rift there, would be to do a great disservice in telling what happened and why.

Now as to here.

TenchiForum is not the AFC. If you want me to make a list of reasons why, I’ll do so. This place is at least ten times more open and welcoming

than AFC ever was.

Disagreeing with someone over the OAV is not trolling, it’s freedom of speech, freedom of opinion. Many people here are fans of TU, great. There’s

people here that are fans of the OAV, great. TU folk should not expect OAV folk to bow down and worship the TU, and OAV folk should not be expecting TU

fans to bow down to the OAV. They are separate things that can be liked by separate people at the same time. Know where to draw the line in a debate, consider

the other person’s feelings. Agree to disagree.

I like OAV 1 and 2, TU, Dual, Photon, etc… I’m not as big a fan when it comes to OAV 3 and GXP. They simply don’t “Do” it for me. It’s my opinion, my choice,

and my tastes. If you like OAV 3 and GXP and El Hazard, and ISM… more power to ya.

Like going into a car dealership that has two brands represented. You ask the salesman which is better, he’s going to say each have their strong suits and weaknesses.

This Ford comes with a 4 year warranty and this Honda comes with a GPS, iPod dock, and 24 in spinner rims. They are both cars, they are still different. We pick what suits us for different reasons.

I was not present for the conversation, so I don’t know what all was said. Going by the generic statement you gave there, I’d have to agree. Kasjishima probably is the main authority on the OVA. It’s “his” series, he’s the one releasing the doujinshi and novels on that subject. So I’d hope he has some concept of where it’s going. If you think differently, then start a thread if you want to talk about it. Doesn’t mean either of us are required to change our opinions that we came in the door with. Just means we should try to respect the other person as a person, and get along reasonably without shoving one’s opinion down the other’s neck forcibly.

So again… This is not the AFC. It’s not even Tenchiboard. It’s not DualFans either.

The purpose of the above post was so that people would understand what happened, see what stupidity happened in the past, avoid it, and move forward.