Reply To: Bunch of AMVs.

Forums Fan Stuff AMVs Bunch of AMVs. Reply To: Bunch of AMVs.

wwwwhhhhoooo
    none
    Thanks so much for posting Z-man (I kinda’ like that nickname, Nobuyuki, let’s see if it sticks) :D

As for a viable alternative to youtube…that’s a good question, I don’t really know of any site that’s really comparable (probably one of the reasons amv.org has managed to stick around for so long). I checked out dailymotion.com a long time ago, but it had the same, how to say this… ‘limitations’ as youtube did.

Sadly the heavy attention youtube has received from third-party content owners is due to its popularity with users, thus any site that ever did unofficially replace youtube (which as of right now, I can’t really see happening) would probably end up being cyclical in a similar fashion to youtube: start out small, gets popular with users, draws attention from advisers/content owners, heavier copyright enforcement. The tension between copyright laws/owners and smaller-time artists is, and will continue to be, an ongoing process, one which is frustrating at times but imo an eternal good at its ideal level, like our opposing political parties, three branches of government, and the ever-swinging pendulum of civil liberties and national security or law enforcement… a necessary ‘evil.’

Though, if anyone does find an alternative I’d be curious to know as well.