Reply To: OVA 4: Chapter 3

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction OVA 4: Chapter 3 Reply To: OVA 4: Chapter 3

Anonymous
    Sorry for the late response but again, your OVA4 continues to be an engaging and great story.

First off I’d like to say that I know it’s hard to continue to keep everything as diplomatically solid as possible when it comes to who “wins” but like I said before, the fact that you are keeping it to Ryoko and Ayeka is fantastic, why? BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES VYING FOR TENCHI’S LOVE.

They are the only ones who should be “getting” Tenchi at all, and I really liked that you drove this home with the Mihoshi part. Mihoshi being upset is natural, but that’s one thing I think is what’s so wrong with a typical “harem” ending, especially in Tenchi Muyo, is because it’s completely unnatural for that to happen, especially when the only 2 girls who have ever been in “love” with Tenchi, were Ryoko and Ayeka. Mihoshi had a crush on him sure, but that doesn’t constitute getting into a polygamous marriage with him, that devalues every character and the plot in the process if that happens. But more onto that incident, having Washu and Noike there to comfort her just fit.

I think right now that’s the strongest thing you have going for this story is that EVERYTHING feels natural, nothing feels like a finger pushed farther back then it should go, lol

The juggling of the romantic and antagonistic conflict is really great because it keeps the pacing up, there’s never a moment where you sit down and go “Now what?”, It does escalate a bit quickly when Tsunami steps in, but not in a way that is too much, as it’s not info dumping every little aspect of his dreams on us, merely a somber reminder of what’s to come.

I look forward to reading chapter 4, oh, and I think you should stick to “Mom” over “Mum” 😉