Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 1-5

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Discussion: Episodes 1-5 Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 1-5

wwwwhhhhoooo
    none

Nil Admirari wrote:

Overall, fairly solid but still rough around the edges. We’re strapped onto a rocketship at this point and you-know-who is at the launch console. Doing well with the 3 minutes they have, it’s just a pacing this show’s never had before.

Summed up nicely mi amigo, especially that last part: we’re in virgin territory here (obligatory lol) in numerous ways (animation, format, cast, and perhaps most important, reintroducing Tenchi in what I’m calling off the top of my head the “Post-GXP era” of TM!).

The new girls are definitely one dimensional thus far, and unfortunately with the time limit constraints I think it would be unfair to try to prop them up next to The Girls character-wise, as they simply won’t have the room needed to grow. But that’s okay, as Ai has been advertised from the beginning as a fun celebration of Tenchi as a franchise (Tenchi himself being 22 years old? Hello hint!), and even after essentially only ten minutes of screen time as of this post (less than that, really) I can already tell that’s exactly what these students will be bringing to the table (or, iron maiden, as the case may be).*

I’m already pleasantly surprised at seeing an inkling of an appearance of a certain classic character in only the second episode!
    Washu!

And unlike other Tenchi incarnations, War on Geminar I take solace in knowing that this ain’t the last time we’ll see her!

I can hardly wait for tomorrow’s installment.

P. S. Keep up the great subbing work everyone! From all of us: THANK YOU!!! iloveit1

*Seriously, an iron maiden? Why? Guess I’ll watch and find out!