All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by Dagon123
#25153 Discussion for episodes 1-5
by Nil Admirari
#25155 Image

2 days left until the first episode airs! After initial confusion relating to the show's announcement months back, it seems as though fans are finally starting to get hyped about seeing the characters they love again. This week marks the first week of Ai Tenchi Muyo, with an episode due to air every weekday. What do you think will be going on in this new series? Picking a favorite of the new girls to cheer on, or sticking with the original cast? Who put that cable ther- WASHU!

Let's get some pretalk going!
by rtil
#25165 still wondering what fansub group might pick this up since it is not airing on crunchyroll or any streaming service i know of
by Nil Admirari
rtil wrote:still wondering what fansub group might pick this up since it is not airing on crunchyroll or any streaming service i know of

The only service we know of so far is a simulcast and limited VOD via Niconico, but that probably won't be of much use to the english speaking audience. I took a poke around at a bunch of Sub groups and I didn't see any of them claim the show yet.

Speaking of the show, I think this is one of the first shots we've gotten yet of the show proper and not just promo art!

Hachiko stickin close to her Momo~
by JGZinv
#25167 Animation looks fine to me... I've seen a lot worse.
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#25168 I'm pumped to see my classic Tenchi girls with an "updated" look. And with (almost) all the main cast returning, it'll be a true reincarnation.

And what's more, unlike any Tenchi series before, I have a cool place and awesome peeps to revel in the experience with as it happens. Shweet.
by SnowQueen
#25169 Im super excited now for this! And I convinced my friend who claimed she will never watch Tenchi to watch this with me! mmhmm1 and I bashed the new characters before but I must say I'm excited to see who my favorite is going to be. :)
by Nil Admirari
#25173 Episode 1:

Pretty quick introduction to all of the new girls sans Beni. Pretty good job of easily knocking out the basics for each character in such a microscopic timeframe. The only two we didn't get a good lock on were Hana and Momo. Besides the gratuitious panty shot, they didn't waste much time at all. Of course, this is just an intro episode and the pacing will likely be this fast for the next few just so we can learn about the girls. Negishi has said that the show really does come together nicely when watched all at once, about 150 minutes of animation in total.

Too early to call anything yet, but I'm strapped in and ready to see where this goes.