All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by Nil Admirari
#25280 Try try a bit of an experiment, we've used Washu's lab to meld the episodes together into one large Super Cut. Some people seem offset by the short episode lengths, so we wanted to see how people felt about the content if it played out together with just the usual fade to black transitions between sequences often done in the middle of TV shows. Feel free to check it out and let us know if it makes watching the show better/easier for you.
by highgear56
shadow_s_writer wrote:I not sure about this, starting with Fan-service is not a good sign, And setting the new character up for flowers on their desks does not improve things ( can you see Ryoko and Ayeka letting this behavior past.)

Agreed. Doesn't feel like anything Tenchi related at all. I liked what we had from OVAs, Universe and movies but this just isn't my taste.
by Dagon123
highgear56 wrote:this just isn't my taste.

That is an entirely reasonable statement to make

highgear56 wrote:Doesn't feel like anything Tenchi related at all.

Did you watch that 3rd episode? That was something that could have come straight out of the first movie or Universe, 100% Tenchi.

I've made no qualms about saying that I think the introduction to the series was cliche and not my taste, but overall the show has shown that is has been Tenchi from top to bottom.
by shadow_s_writer
#25293 I am feeling more comfortable with the series now that they stopped the fan service and when to character and plotline development. They are pushing the Tenchi undressed a bit more than necessary, but hopefully they also get that out of the writers' system.

One question, has there been any mention of Ryo-Ohki appearing in this series?
by Nil Admirari
shadow_s_writer wrote:I am feeling more comfortable with the series now that they stopped the fan service and when to character and plotline development. They are pushing the Tenchi undressed a bit more than necessary, but hopefully they also get that out of the writers' system.

One question, has there been any mention of Ryo-Ohki appearing in this series?

Pii and I shared similar thoughts to each other about Ryo-Ohki, it is very strange that she has yet to appear in promo materials nor even be hinted at. I do hope she's there, not having the mascot of the series would be an unusual move.
by Dagon123
#25296 Image

Tenchicast 24: No Need for Ai Tenchi Muyo! PT.1 (Episodes 1-5)
by CrazyCabbit
#25578 A new feel, new look, new characters, new setting... I like this SHOW!