All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by SnowQueen
#25245 here's a thought but it could be me thinking way to hard but here it is anyway. Lol

Could it be the school itself is in a different dimension? It would explain (kinda) why Tenchi's compass in episode 1 was acting all crazy. just a thought that popped up in my head. ^^;
by julia
#25247 I think the text reads something along the lines of "For your health, please be in a bright room and sit as far as you can from the television".
by Nil Admirari
#25248 First thing's first...

Episode 4 is now subtitled and available!

Episode 4:

Now we're getting to see what kind of lengths Yuki needs to go through to get this "treasure" she wanted, as mentioned in her bio. And from the sounds of it, the Student Council is after it as well. Unfortunately for Tenchi, he's got his, erm, nose, stuck into both parties' business. But it looks like someone else has similar misfortune to have gotten themselves into this situation. Sort of a callback to the labor work they performed in a certain previous Tenchi series.

What is it exactly that Yuki is looking for?
Well, perhaps something else was left underground. Knowing how Yosho did the good work in burying Ryoko underground in the OVA and Washu being entombed in Universe, it may be related to some kind of Jurian burial pit that was meant to keep something or someone from ever seeing the light of day again. Could be nothing to do with Jurai, but they tend to be involved somehow whenever something's shoved that far under the earth's surface.

Great use of timing once again by Negishi and company to expedite Tenchi into his next situation, introduce the power hierarchy and characters involved in the Science Club's expedition, and set up Tenchi for his next big breakout. Bring on episode 5!

I giggled when Tenchi's means of escaping detection was to imitate Ryo-ohki's greeting meows. At least, that's what I'd like to think!

julia wrote:I think the text reads something along the lines of "For your health, please be in a bright room and sit as far as you can from the television".

You are correct! We had that subtitled in the first episode but dropped it as we felt it wasn't really needed since it wasn't exactly about the show proper.
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#25253 It's a construction site and who's there?!!!
Detective Mihoshi! She's on the case!
Oh my Lord, that's lovely.

The femdom scene this time around was a callback gag (lol puns), so at least it wasn't thrown in my face from nowhere this time; though towards the end I started to actually fear for Tenchi (that Beni's a BEAST of a woman)! Well, his "training" with The Girls will see him through any ordeal, I'm sure.

Speaking of Beni...some forum members here definitely called it (maybe in a certain cast we can try to recollect what all we "called" in advance), we have Student Council vs. Science Club, and it seems Momo and Beni are the unofficial ringleaders of each respectively.

Ladies and gents, they're setting things up for a rivalry very much in homage to the anime rivalry of all time while following in the gigantic footprints of the franchise's namesake.
ya'll know I'm talkin Team Ryoko vs Team Ayeka

How appropriate for Tenchi be caught up in the middle of it all!

It's too early for me to say yet, but I'm calling it now, folks: take yer pick! Team Momo? Or Team Beni? There can be only ONE!!!

Afterthought: I had previously thought that The Girls wouldn't be showing up yet, seeing as how it was implied that Washu sent only Tenchi to this school (dimension?), but a certain blonde-haired gal's appearance has thrown all of that out the window, and left me excited with the possible implications.

Think about this: Team Momo, Team Beni...what if each of these leaders were being groomed by their own mentor? What if this is the next evolution of that most bitter of rivalries? Lady Ayeka and "Lady" Ryoko, perhaps, in a bid for maturity, see squabbling as beneath them, a thing of the past...okay, we all know that's not going to happen, but perhaps they're each trying to put up a front to piss off the other. Well then, if so, what recourse is left to them? Letting the youngins duke it out for them, of course! Maaaan, I can't wait!
by WisperG
wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:Speaking of Beni...some forum members here definitely called it (maybe in a certain cast we can try to recollect what all we "called" in advance), we have Student Council vs. Science Club, and it seems Momo and Beni are the unofficial ringleaders of each respectively.

Beni? The ringleader? She seems like hired muscle to me, especially after mentioning her "deal" with the other science clubbers. I thought Fuka (blondie in the lab coast) was the obvious one in charge, y'know, being the science club president and all.
by Nil Admirari
WisperG wrote:
wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:Speaking of Beni...some forum members here definitely called it (maybe in a certain cast we can try to recollect what all we "called" in advance), we have Student Council vs. Science Club, and it seems Momo and Beni are the unofficial ringleaders of each respectively.

Beni? The ringleader? She seems like hired muscle to me, especially after mentioning her "deal" with the other science clubbers. I thought Fuka (blondie in the lab coast) was the obvious one in charge, y'know, being the science club president and all.

That's probably who he meant yeah. There's a bit of a Hierarchy in the two clubs, though the Science Club seems somewhat shortstaffed.

Student Council:
Momo (Leader/'yes' man, strangely enough)
Hana (Co-leader)
Hachiko (Group Muscle)
Touri (Group Brains)

Science Club:
Yuki (Leader/Brains)
Beni (Group Muscle)
Rui (Co-leader/'yes' man)

Despite the SciClub having one less member, they follow a pretty similar setup. It is getting difficult to tell the specific character traits as analogues between the original girls now though, they're all borrowing elements we recognize from Ayeka, Ryoko, Washu and Mihoshi at the moment.
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#25258 Sorry for the confusion. I'm connecting too many dots too quickly. Yeah, Beni's not in charge of the science club, but seeing as how she seems to have an arrangement with the club as opposed to being merely a subordinate member, I see her more as an independent freelancer (odd, seeing as how she follows directions to the letter). I'm also connecting the dots for the opposing "teams" based entirely on rtil's observations (which I agree with, but can't prove at this time) that the other female in the ship with Momo in Ep 3 was Beni (I think these two have a connection to each other that's before and beyond the school setting).

blush1

But isn't this fun? We can talk, presume, make assumptions, flat-out guesses, shots-in-the-dark, crazy theories...wow, this is Who ridin the hype of a new Tenchi series, folks....

mmmm1
by evilpii
#25259 While I did enjoy the delightful interaction between Washu and Tenchi in episode 3, Tenchi's escape from the Student Council was a sight to behold. A male teacher in an all-female school would be... tricky. blush1

As to the Science Club's dig site, that does add competition between the Council and Club, or "war" as Yuki put it. woooo1 I do like how they have analogous roles on each side. I gives each character some definition along side her personality, but also room to grow beyond just their position. I'm already itching to see Beni and Hachiko exchange a few blows. badass1 Moreover, their methods of interrogation are pretty similar too. qt1 Poor Rui. dawohki1

I do like Beni. She is all business about her job as a body guard (yojimbo). badass1 By the way, who hired
Mihoshi
for excavation? Kiyofacepalm1

Speculating about the point of the dig itself, I have a couple ideas.
  1. Nil's Right, and it's some
    Juraian artifact or sealed personage. Maybe the knights? Maybe Kain? Maybe Yugi? Maybe even the bonding plate or Zinv from Dual?
    I can dream, right? blush1
  2. The ship from the
    opening of episode 3, currently theorized to be Momo's ship. That might explain Yuki's interest in capturing Momo.

Let's find out in episode 5, maybe? Tenchismile
by Nil Admirari
#25275 Image

Episode 5 is Subtitled and available!

Episode 5:

No gif this episode simply due to it being a recap episode. Momo takes us through a burst of info relating to the week's events, mentions some interesting info about the size of the campus and name drops a specific location in Okayama. Interesting that she can recite that info, given how airheadded she is otherwise so far.
by evilpii
#25278 While there is no new content in this new episode, it is a nice summary of all the school events. Perhaps Momo is more perceptive than we give her credit, though we will have to see what she does next. gendo1

Congratulations again to our translation crew on their diligent work in subtitling and releasing these episodes. Thank you greatly! kiyonesmile1