All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by Nil Admirari
#25154 Image
Official Site | Official Twitter

Fan trailer by Wwwwhhhhoooo

Tenchi is the teacher for these high school girls!?
Once again, Washu has caused one of the worlds largest predicaments!
In order to save the world from danger, Tenchi must discreetly disguise himself as a student teacher at the all-girls love high school.
Naturally, Tenchi getting this new job will cause him a lot of problems….

What is it?: Said to be a 'celebration of the franchise', Ai Tenchi Muyo is the newest series in the overall Tenchi Muyo mythos and alternative universes. It will be split into a series of 5 minute shorts spanning 50 episodes total. For more information, check out the "Anime Recommendation: Ai Tenchi Muyo" video done by our very own TheFrieza (be warned, there are spoilers for the ending of the series around the 8 minute mark, so be sure to stop before then):

Fan video by TheFrieza

When will it air?: It aired Monday through Friday at 9:55 to 10:00 PM on TokyoMX with a simulcast on Niconico. It has not been picked up for stateside airing as of yet. The first episode aired on Monday, October 6th. The series will last 50 episodes, and ended on December 26th.

So, how can I watch it?: Right now, it is only airing in Japan. We decided to surprise everyone with this, but we're now doing the fansubs for Ai Tenchi Muyo! Downloads are available via torrent on our Nyaa channel or our Kickass.so account. If you prefer to stream, you can watch each episode on the Tenchiforum TV youtube channel.

Who is involved?: As this is an alternate universe style series, Kajishima Masaki will not be involved. Instead, Tenchi Universe/In Love/In Love 2 director Hiroshi Negishi is taking the helm. Joining him as producer is series alumni Hiroaki Inoue, who was producer on OVA1/2, Mihoshi Special, In Love 2, Pretty Sammy OVA and GXP, as well as producer on the sibling series El-Hazard and its associated spinoffs.

New to the series is designer Suzuhito Yasuda, known for his work on Durarara!!, Gundam Build Fighters and Devil Survivor. He was brought onboard to give the old characters a modern design.

Now let's get to the characters!(Translations by Crazed and Nil Admirari)

Tenchi Masaki (voiced by Masami Kikuchi), the school’s new student teacher. He’s genetically predisposed to getting into trouble.

Ryoko (voiced by Ai Orikasa), the legendary demon who was sealed up in the Masaki Shrine. She has powerful energy stored in her secret gems, and can execute various abilities using them. She has a rather short temper.

Ayeka (voiced by Haruhi Nanao), the first princess of Jurai. She’s come to earth looking for her missing fiance. Graceful and mild-mannered by nature, however once she becomes angered, she is extremely frightening. She’s devastatingly bad at doing housework.

Sasami (voiced by Chisa Yokoyama), the younger sister of Ayeka & second princess of Jurai. She has an innocent and cheerful personality. Her skill in housework, in comparison to Ayeka’s especially, is very good. Because of this, she’s taken charge of the Masaki home’s housework by herself.

Washu (voiced by Yuko Kobayashi), the science academy’s self-designated “Number one Genius Scientist in the Universe”. Though she appears to be very young, she’s actually been alive for 20,000 years or more. She finds herself fascinated with Tenchi.

Mihoshi (voiced by Yuko Mizutani), Detective First Class in the Galaxy Police. She’s got a natural gift for accidents, many crazy and unthinkable things occur around her against her will.

...and then some newcomers!

Momo Kawanagare (voiced by Nao Touyama), Student Council President. She is straight-forward and honest and has a strong sense of justice.

Beni Kinojou (voiced by You Taichi), the bodyguard of the school science club. She’s taciturn, brave, and confident. She has superhuman strength, like that of an ogre.

Hachiko (voiced by Kana Yuuki), Student Council Auditor. Responsible for fighting power. A rather chivalrous spirit with ambition, she’s mainly just courageous. She loves Momo. Anyone who gets close to Momo is her enemy.

Hana Saryuu (voiced by Mao Ichimichi), Student Council Treasurer. Responsible for leadership. Plenty of sex appeal. Contrary to her fickle appearance, she is trained in Aikido. Keeps a broad outlook, easily grasps the situation and can get a good read on the matters at hand.

Touri Fueyama (voiced by Ai Fukada), Student Council Clerk. Responsible for the brains. Her wisdom overflows. In any situation she can preserve her sanity, retains her coolness and doesn't panic. Her school record is very good, her grades considered the top of her class.

Yuki Fuka (voiced by Azusa Satou), Science Club Director. Quick-tempered and unyielding. She aims to seek the treasure circulating around the school. She thinks of herself as a rival of the student council.

Rui Aoi (voiced by Rui Tanabe), Science Club Member. A shy, timid girl. With a rather large body, her hunger is unusual. She has some unsavory ties with her childhood friend, Fuka.

Ukan Kurihara (voiced by Ayako Kawasumi), “Sophomore turf!” Teacher. She has the duty of becoming a guide to Tenchi, having been a teacher before him. She uses a whip to coach the students.

Misc Section (Will fill in with more art, goods, and information as it comes!)

Art

by mitsuki lover
#25156 I find it interesting that Rui's seiyuu is also named Rui.I know pure coincidence that.
And AFAIG:Hachiko and Hana would be my top choices among the new girls. soawesome1
So this starts on Monday.Hope it gets the attention it needs to get licensed in NA.
by chucklocker
#25171 The main site just updated and it looks like they will be releasing the show on DVD/Bluray in three spates in January, February, and March of 2015!
by chucklocker
#25211 They probably do on the page, but we haven't gotten around to translating it yet. I would imagine that since there will be three releases each set will have about 15-18 eps.
by JGZinv
#25466 There is now also a AI manga coming in Nov I think the news said.

It is a article at ANN,
though I would guess their translation is probably off.
by Nil Admirari
JGZinv wrote:There is now also a AI manga coming in Nov I think the news said.

It is a article at ANN,
though I would guess their translation is probably off.

It's hard to make out, but the characters next to Kajishima's name are 原作. This would indicate that he is simply being credited as "Original Work by" as he is with all Tenchi things he doesn't directly control. If Masaki Kajishima is penning the story, I wonder if this is one of the projects he talked about in 14.08's afterword. He seemed to not want to have a whole lot to do with Ai, I wonder if AIC goaded him into it?

Negishi has also spoken on twitter about working on the Novelization of Ai Tenchi Muyo, which may end up being twice as long as the show itself.