All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by Nil Admirari
TheFrieza wrote:I've gone and made an Anime recommendation video for Ai Tenchi Muyo! Its something I've been meaning to do since the show ended and I've seen no other on YouTube yet. I'm by no means a mega YouTube star but I'm hoping that my video is watched by my subscribers and other people alike and decide to give Ai Tenchi a go (which is the whole point of the vid :) ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XSvYNZEcz4
I basically talk about the show, the whole series and towards the end of the vid my thoughts on the ending and how its been left open for a possible continuation (though I give fair warning of spoilers when I get to that part kiyonesmile1 )
I've also shouted out to the wonderful people of TenchiFourm and put a link to your YouTube channel (TenchiForumTV) and a link to the Ai Tenchi playlist that's on it. Tenchismile

Thank you for the great video, helping to draw more attention to the show. The shoutouts are also always appreciated <3.

I've added your video to the first post (with a spoiler disclaimer, naturally) and tweaked a few things to reflect the post-Ai Tenchi world we are in now. Might do a few more bits of cleanup later.
by TheFrieza
Nil Admirari wrote:
TheFrieza wrote:I've gone and made an Anime recommendation video for Ai Tenchi Muyo! Its something I've been meaning to do since the show ended and I've seen no other on YouTube yet. I'm by no means a mega YouTube star but I'm hoping that my video is watched by my subscribers and other people alike and decide to give Ai Tenchi a go (which is the whole point of the vid :) ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XSvYNZEcz4
I basically talk about the show, the whole series and towards the end of the vid my thoughts on the ending and how its been left open for a possible continuation (though I give fair warning of spoilers when I get to that part kiyonesmile1 )
I've also shouted out to the wonderful people of TenchiFourm and put a link to your YouTube channel (TenchiForumTV) and a link to the Ai Tenchi playlist that's on it. Tenchismile

Thank you for the great video, helping to draw more attention to the show. The shoutouts are also always appreciated <3.

I've added your video to the first post (with a spoiler disclaimer, naturally) and tweaked a few things to reflect the post-Ai Tenchi world we are in now. Might do a few more bits of cleanup later.

Apologies for the delay. Thank you Nil Admirari for the kind words and featuring the video on page one of this boards :) The video has had an overall positive reaction, a few have watched then video then left in the comment's that there now going to go watch the show which is brilliant as that's just what I hoped would happen Tenchismile
by Ukinojo92
#26923 If I read correctly the dvd and Bluray will go on sale January 21 this year and something about a April 19 date I am not sure.
by evilpii
#26953 So, I was skimming around DeviantArt looking for fan art of our loveable lug Goriki-kun. Unfortunately, while fan art of Momo has started to appear on the site, I haven't seen anyone else appear yet. sadface1

That being said, I did find some fan art of "Goriki".
In Kia Asamiya's 1994 manga and its 1998 anime adaptation, Steam Detectives had a robot named Goriki that shares particular features with Ai Tenchi's Goriki-kun. Is there some connection beyond general design and name?

As Nil pointed out, the kanji for Steam Detectives' Goriki are "強力", which can be read as "powerful". I forget if Ai Tenchi's Goriki-kun uses the same kanji for his name or not. Also, the name might be common for strong-man characters. For example, Pokemon has the Goriki/Machoke likewise fits the strong-man design rather well.

What are your thoughts? Tenchismile
by Super Chris
#26982 I do have a question about this series - does it take place in it's own continuity, or does it take place in either the OVA or Universe continuities?

I apologize if this has been asked elsewhere, I've done some poking around the forum and this thread in particular and haven't seen the answer.
by Dagon123
Super Chris wrote:I do have a question about this series - does it take place in it's own continuity, or does it take place in either the OVA or Universe continuities?

I apologize if this has been asked elsewhere, I've done some poking around the forum and this thread in particular and haven't seen the answer.

It takes place in its own continuity.

We actually talk about this on a couple of the Ai Tenchicast episodes if you're into Podcasts!
by Ukinojo92
#27806 https://twitter.com/ai_tenchi/status/573482309527035904

something I found on Negishi twitter

Google translator some translated
[Events] have general Start Pre acceptance of the "love-Tenchi Muyo!" Special Events of April 19 from today. Since the day I will send in lots of content, please by all means everyone come! !
by JGZinv
#28073 There's a front page article at kotaku on Ai today....