All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by Dagon123
#25286 Discussion for episodes 6-10
by Nil Admirari
#25309 Image

Episode 6 is now subtitled and available!

Thoughts, Episode 6:

I've been waiting for a fight between Beni and Hachiko since the beginning and I'm glad it only took me about 23 minutes to get that. It was a short fight sequence, but very well animated. Zero time was wasted, stuffing jokes right next to serious banter and peril abound. Plot itself didn't go anywhere but that's fine. Great way to start off the week, with a bang!
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#25310 So, the dog, the monkey and the pheasant make their move.... Tenchismile

Boo-yah! Some action! & what a way to start things off with the two bodyguards dukin it out (still wondering if there's more to Beni's character than that; I think there is, but we'll see).

The premise has pretty much been established, factions identified, lines drawn: now for some plot, backstory and gags to fill it in. I actually wholeheartedly enjoyed this episode.*

*Well, okay, I would have liked Mihoshi featured just a lil bit more, but grrrr they're teasing me!
by evilpii
#25311 Episode 6 had a nice spurt of action and adventure, in both the exchange between Beni and Hachiko and in the cave-in. Bravo, gentlemen, also on catching the pun in Momo's introductory line. gendo1 I did enjoy the overdone drama between Momo and Hachiko. Again, one wonders about Momo, and Hachiko for that matter. qt1 Notably, the crab symbol is emblazoned on the wall, so I bet Washu's watching all this and laughing her ass off. kiyonesmile1

I have, however, noticed that there is a big emphasis put on Tenchi's boxers. He was stripped down in episodes 2 and 4, and now it happens that somewhere in episode 2, the Council got a tracker on his boxers. Do I really want to know how? Kiyofacepalm1 I assume this is some shtick for high school anime, but it is not my taste.

In the end, the cave was buried, so is the object of Yuki's quest still there? Will we be revisiting this pit in the future?

Notice that all of the students have now been introduced and given some time in the limelight over the course of episodes 1, 2, 4, and 6. Washu got a good bit of screentime in episode 3, and episode 5 was a recap. Perhaps another main character will get the focus in the next episode. Tune in tomorrow! Tenchismile
by Marty Kirra
#25312 I uh...I'm still feeling that this is some weird crossover with some other anime I haven't seen, featuring Tenchi.

Which I suppose is cool if this leads up to something. The best part of the series so far was the brief snapshot of the Masaki household and the conversation with Washu. Not that this is super bad or anything, it's just kind of "eh". I think the reason all the wacky stuff with the OG girls worked so well was because they're aliens, these are just a bunch of normal high school girls who are way too out there for any sort've believability.
by Nil Admirari
Marty Kirra wrote:I uh...I'm still feeling that this is some weird crossover with some other anime I haven't seen, featuring Tenchi.

Which I suppose is cool if this leads up to something. The best part of the series so far was the brief snapshot of the Masaki household and the conversation with Washu. Not that this is super bad or anything, it's just kind of "eh". I think the reason all the wacky stuff with the OG girls worked so well was because they're aliens, these are just a bunch of normal high school girls who are way too out there for any sort've believability.

Well, seeing that Hachiko and Beni are both very talented with their weapons and the two school clubs have massive torture chambers of their own, I'd say they're anything but normal high school girls. Hana having a record for fastest ability to extract 'information' from her subjects, too. The most telling however was the brief sequence at the start of Episode 3 where we see Momo and possibly Beni in a spaceship. There's more to these girls than meets the eye, it just hasn't been made as apparent what that is yet. We're still under 25 minutes in to the entire story so I'm sure there'll be plenty more on this all before the final credits roll.
by Nobuyuki
#25317 Oh my... :o

oh boy... :D

by Dagon123
#25319 Man this episode was fantastic, classic Tenchi in every sense of the word.