All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by Nil Admirari
SnowQueen wrote:though I do dig the new outfit I LOVED seeing her in her old outfit too! It made my feels scream with joy. Lol Now hopefully I can find some nice Ai screencaps of the girls. They are quite hard to find. Anyone know a good website were there would be good Ai screencaps? blush1

I don't have a spot set up but I could probably work out a gallery page for Ai Tenchi. Are there any shots in particular you're after?
by highgear56
#25352 I think it would take longer for me to read some of your guys' recaps than watching the episode itself haha

Also the comment about Ryoko being curvier and a little more meaty, couldn't agree more, she looks great. Not that she never did.
by SnowQueen
#25356 Yes to no thigh gaps. ;)

anyway I wouldn't want to trouble you with that Nil! blush1 You guys are busy enough! Just wanted to know if there was already a site that I didn't know about that had them ^^
by WisperG
#25358 I'm not sure what I can say about episodes 7 & 8 that hasn't already been said. They're the closest Ai has gotten to feeling like classic Tenchi so far. It was great finally seeing all the old girls again. I especially loved episode 8 because of all the references and nods to the Tenchi series of old, also Mihoshi. These two are, by a landslide, my favorite episodes thus far soawesome1

Fingers crossed for more like them in the future!
by SnowQueen
#25359 After the amazing episodes we got the last few days...going back to the school with the new girls again for some reason now feels more...meh. I know I know...not saying I hate it or that it's bad but I want more of what we got the last couple days. Going back and forth and teasing me with the original girls and then switching back to the new girls again I don't know...I still like a couple of the new girls of course but now the don't seem as great for some reason...and now I'm just rambling. lol blush1
by Nil Admirari
#25360 Image

Episode 9 is subtitled and available!

Episode 9:

Back to school again, Tenchi's confronted about Sword Tenchi. He barely escapes with it under Ukan's prying eyes, interesting that he'd need to bring it along. Whatever it is that both clubs are looking for, it seems like it could be pretty damn dangerous. The two clubs have a brief clash, and we get to see how influential the Science Club truly is. Though, if this is so, how come they haven't already overtaken the Student Council? I highly doubt Yuki is holding back out of the goodness of her rotten little heart.

Interesting to note is that in the preview images seen for this week's run, there is at least one that has yet to occur. Perhaps tomorrow won't be a recap after all?
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#25362 - Episode 9 -

Spoilers ahead, ye be warned!

Now that we've been given a dose of the good stuff, i.e. the main girls, returning to the school knowing there's over forty-something more episodes to work with was fine by me.

What was not fine by me was how far they went with using Tenchi-ken for a lewd sexual joke. It was completely unnecessary, and had I not already been on board with Ai by this point for a number of reasons it would've been a deal breaker for me. I didn't like it when Kajishima basically did the same thing in a hentai setting (caveat: explicitly, in his case), but at least in that instance he kept that level of vulgarity separate from an actual Tenchi series. :-x

It's not even the "vulgarity" that bugs me, and even then that's a matter of personal preference (in fact, I quite enjoyed the various "naughty" bits of the OVA, especially during "The Night Before The Carnival"). But in this case, in a "celebration of the franchise" for long-time fans, the fact that they used what by this point is an icon of the series at large for a quick dildo joke is tantamount to sacrilege.

Hey, I tells it like I sees it folks, because as per the course we allow others to do the same.

On another subject, one of our "Gif Master's" gifs stirred a thought in me:

Just as I remembered and is to be expected, Tenchi's a farm boy, so even though he doesn't boast about it, he's fairly strong in a workman's sense. I don't know what kinda superpower/superstrength heat these new girls are bringin to the table, but it can't be anything worse than Tenchi's accustomed to, which means....

Tenchi might not have been all that unwilling of a participant during his "interrogation" encounters: Tenchi likes the bondage scene. :oops: That's right, I said it! New series means crazy theories, after all. :lol:
by chucklocker
wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:What was not fine by me was how far they went with using Tenchi-ken for a lewd sexual joke.

Well I'll be damned... this is the first time I've ever actually disagreed with you regarding something Tenchi related, Who. And it's even fanservice related at that! :lol:

In all seriousness though, I actually thought the gag with the Tenchi-ken was really funny, and refreshingly done. Let's face it, this isn't the first time the connection has been made, not by a long shot. Probably since its very first appearance fans have snickered at the unintentional (or maybe not so unintentional...) phallic imagery associated with the Tenchi-ken. I thought the way that Ukan teased Tenchi by implying that it was something he was into was a refreshing and novel iteration of the gag. It seemed, to me at least, that Negishi was giving a wink and a nod to a fan in-joke that's as old as the fandom itself, and he did so with more subtlety and craft than certain other Tenchi creators have in the past... Reasonable minds can certainly differ though, and I certainly wont hold it against anyone for finding something like this to be against their taste.
by Nil Admirari
#25382 I kind of agree with Chuck on this one, I laughed at the insinuation that Ukan was making. Maybe it was just Tenchi's reaction to what she was saying and how she was smushing Sword Tenchi against his cheek.

Episode 10 is now subtitled and available!

Episode 10:

Another recap episode. Image Sad to see we'll be losing an episode's worth of time a week for it, but at least Momo throws in some stuff unrelated to simply recapping what's happened. She sure loves her peaches! Will be interesting to see how the Festival goes and if we'll see the old girls attending to spy on Tenchi. Could we see the first clash between the old girls and new girls in this timeline soon?