All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by Kiyami
#25477 I feel that Ai Tenchi Muyo is really picking up and the characters are very likable. I always look forward to watching it now. :)
by wwwwhhhhoooo
evilpii wrote:After the battle is won, Beni punches him and knocks him for a loop, surprising her. I believe this is a throwback to Katsuhito catching Ryoko's punch in OVA series 1 episode 3, and Ryoko destroying the stairs with a punch, confused as to how the old priest could halt her force. Evidently, Tenchi is not all-powerful.

That's the first thing I thought of when I viewed said scene in Episode 9! It's a fun throwback. (Side-by-side gifs must soon follow!)

I was slow warming up to Ai, I'll admit; afraid to lend my trust again. Now, as Kiyami put it, I'm genuinely excited to watch the next episode at the end of each weekday. The fact that Ai accomplished even that much for numerous other viewers says a lot.
by WisperG
evilpii wrote:Meanwhile, Yuki and Rui made off with boxes of stuff, and we get to see that creepy spider again. woooo1 What did they get and how will it affect future events? Tune in tomorrow. Tenchismile
[/quote]

Now that you've said it, we probably won't get a school episode tomorrow :lol: Maybe we'll finally see the aftermath of Tenchi and lil' Momo's run-in with Ryoko?

Anyways, I loved this episode! Hachiko's "condition" is very amusing, and Tenchi finally got to whip out his sword and play the bada$$ card for the first time in ages badass1
by Nil Admirari
wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:
evilpii wrote:After the battle is won, Beni punches him and knocks him for a loop, surprising her. I believe this is a throwback to Katsuhito catching Ryoko's punch in OVA series 1 episode 3, and Ryoko destroying the stairs with a punch, confused as to how the old priest could halt her force. Evidently, Tenchi is not all-powerful.

That's the first thing I thought of when I viewed said scene in Episode 9! It's a fun throwback. (Side-by-side gifs must soon follow!)

You know that if you ask, you shall receive <3

ImageImage
ImageImage
by Nil Admirari
#25482 Image

Episode 14 is now subtitled and available!

Episode 14:

Poor Tenchi just wants a place to rest his head after a long day at work. He should know by now that he's never going to get that with the girls around! Sasami infiltrated his high school, gets a Hatsune Miku reference dropped in there and wipes out the Student Council's memories MIB style. Someone had the bright idea to let Ryoko cook dinner tonight, and it seems like her skills have lapsed even harder from the OVA. She almost looks like a witch toiling away at her bubbling cauldron more than a loving woman preparing a feast for her man! And oh god, she's gone almost Yandere all of a sudden. I uh, guys, halloween isn't for another week!

A fun episode all around, and a great way to cap off this week's events. Here's to yet another recap tomorrow.
by wwwwhhhhoooo
Nil Admirari wrote:Someone had the bright idea to let Ryoko cook dinner tonight, and it seems like her skills have lapsed even harder from the OVA. She almost looks like a witch toiling away at her bubbling cauldron more than a loving woman preparing a feast for her man! And oh god, she's gone almost Yandere all of a sudden. I uh, guys, halloween isn't for another week!

I guess all those cracks about her terrible less-than-stellar cooking finally made her snap! Over the years, she's gone from "Please try this, Tenchiiiii" to "I cooked this. You WILL eat it!" :twisted:

Poor Tenchi! I think the recap episodes are as much for Tenchi to get a break as they are for us to get edjumacated about Okayama.
by evilpii
#25493 Today's episode has Tenchi come home from work and is welcomed by the usual insanity of the Masaki household. Ayeka and Sasami greet him at the door, while Ryoko has a... special surprise for him. wth2

Tenchi downplays his adventure in the storage building, but Sasami has apparently had an adventure of her own. While he was battling a giant robot, Washu gave Sasami a school uniform and let her sneak into the school. People thought she was an idol, perhaps for multiple reasons. And then, she... wait. Wait a minute. WANT1 Sasami, is that...? soawesome1 I cannot say I caused this, but I will take all the blame I can. fyeah1 Thank you, based Negishi. gendo1

Also, Ayeka is dressed up for the school festival as well. Are we going to have Ayeka on campus next week? iloveit1

Elsewhere, Ryoko has been hunting, and cooking, and the ingredients are still alive! woooo1 She says it is supposed to be edible, but I do not trust it. wtfisthis1 ... Uh, Ryoko. What's with that evil sparkle in your eyes? wth2 Oh. My. God. sadface1

If you cannot tell, I enjoyed this episode a lot. It was a nice romp after a long day at the office. What craziness awaits us next week? Tune in next time! Tenchismile