All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by WisperG
evilpii wrote:I respectfully disagree. ^^v

That of course crossed my mind, but the Rock handsign is more of an Western thing, I'd be surprised if that's what it was actually intended to be. The Takahashi handsign, while technically identical, isn't really "thrown" in the same context as it would be at, say, a rock concert. Hana doesn't appear to be telling anyone to Rock On, she's just kinda... doing it. Sort of like the Jojo/Bancho distinction, I wonder if the average Japanese viewer would even associate it with music? Aside from Rock music, the only times I've ever seen it significantly used in any other context was in Takahashi manga, where it doesn't actually mean anything beyond being a recurring visual gag characters would randomly do under certain circumstances, usually when surprised.

Then again, maybe I'm overestimating the cultural impact of Takahashi's manga, and vastly underestimating the popularity of Western Rock culture in Japan. I fully admit that's not an area I'm well-versed in blush1
by Nobuyuki
#25694 Hook 'em, 'Horns!

piiguy wrote:I am a bit worried of Ukan's rather fiery interest in our young student teacher.

"Be afraid. Be very afraid." gendo1
by GaianKnight
#25697 We of course all realize that because it's Tenchi in an all girls school, that by the end of the series, every girl there, will want to marry Tenchi. It's the Geminar problem, transferred to Tenchi now, which means another school will be obliterated by Ryoko, at the end. Okayama's gonna have a school shortage problem, at that rate.

Course Tenchi may turn into Tenko, and then it really will be an all girl's school. Wonder if Yosho will join as 'Yoshi', look over (participate,) in the school, at the end.

And I've had too much Halloween candy, before posting, so I'll stop now. =xX=;;;

Kinda curious what the next 'alternate world' story episode, will be like there. =oo=
by WisperG
#25701 OH. MY. GOSH. wth2

She DID speed-write fanfiction! Kiyofacepalm1

WisperG wrote:And Hana seems to have gone full fangirl mode. That book she has is strange though. What are the odds she already wrote, and illustrated the cover of, a FemchixHana fanfic by the time Tenchi and Momo walked halfway across the school grounds? Kiyofacepalm1

Did I call that? Or did I call that? tuxedodouche

Hana's personality has basically done a 180* from how we saw her before, now that her googly-eyed fangirl switch has been flipped, and I'm not sure I like that :/
by evilpii
#25706 After the school's festival has concluded, Tenchi goes home to relax and get out of his crossdressing outfit.

Or, so he thought. butts1

Wow. Just... wow. wth2

I thought the M.i.B. neuralizer was a meta-reference, but I think this one tops it. Doujinshi and fan fiction... in my Tenchi? Why do I have the sinking suspicion this was a double pun? blush1 Negishi, are you trying to tell us that you know what the fans do? woooo1 Are you telling me you know about the doujins? gendo1 I do get increasingly more impressed with this show every episode. kiyonesmile1 Hell, might the speedwriting be a reference to the novel competition this month? WANT1

WisperG wrote:Hana's personality has basically done a 180* from how we saw her before, now that her googly-eyed fangirl switch has been flipped, and I'm not sure I like that :/

I agree with Wisper. I did not peg Hana for the "rabid fangirl", but I will say that it makes for some funny situations, particularly when Ryoko and Ayeka overhear. tenchiahhhhhh If glares could kill, Tenchi would be dead... again. blush1 I do love Sasami's over all innocence in the matter, contrasting Ryoko and Ayeka's initial scorn and later, shall we say, interest in the material. wth2

Also, is that Yuki and Rui on the back cover of the doujin? qt1

... I might need the memory worm to erase seeing Tenchi as a cheerleader... ... Hana also has her own self-insertion character... wth2
by Nil Admirari
#25708 Episode 22:

Who knew that Hana was competing in NaNoWriMo this year, and decided to use her fantasy with FemChi as the basis for the plot? Damn, that girl can write fast. I'm honestly surprised that Ryoko, Ayeka and Sasami (the former two mostly) even let her leave the house alive. And then there was the three of them, all fawning over the FemChi doujin! Another fun little episode, though also with some slight plot towards the end. We see the three camps preparing for the next stage of the battle. We're almost halfway through the show now!
by Nobuyuki
evilpii wrote:self-insertion

I was wondering if we could classify her doujins as that... Image
by GaianKnight
#25713 Yeesh, anyone notice that the next competition might actually destroy the school? (Or where ever it's held?) Might be raining blood, at the end of it all there. =oO=;;;
by Nil Admirari
#25721 Image

Episode 23 is now subtitled and available!

Episode 23:

After the past week's episodes being nothing but fireworks, we finally have a slower episode to soak in. Each of the clubs is preparing for some big competition happening during this school day, and apparently Ukan's got some big stakes in mind this year. Tantalizing the clubs with additional funding as well as giving them Tenchi for a day, she sure knows how to get the crowd fired up! Also, I believe we had caught a reference to the red oni and blue oni in the past, and now we've visibly seen the two in front of the school.

Looks like Washu's 'teaching equipment' will come in handy!