All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by Nil Admirari
#25831 Image

Episode 29 is now subtitled and available!

Episode 29:

Welp, Tenchi's up in over his head now. His day of slavery will be spent in the dorms for the girls, which can only spell nothing but trouble moving forward. In fact, it seems like Yuki has some sort of plan. Quite interesting that Yuki tells Rui that she needs to be careful less Tenchi find out she's a "spy". Wonder what sort of implications that line has. I had also noticed an interesting prop sitting in the room during the flashback sequence where Yuki and Rui are planning:

A crab, huh? Something to do with Washu? Maybe Yuki or Rui just really likes the animal, giving them an extra connection to Washu. They are the science club, after all. To say nothing of Yuki's frequent scheming. Another small detail I noticed that I don't think has any implications for what's going to happen ahead (but could, possibly):

It's on screen for only a moment, but it appears as though he's still keeping the Tenchi-ken close in his back pocket. Expecting trouble to follow him wherever he goes. But maybe he likes it. Overall, this episode went pretty much how I expected it to go. Someone (or several people) under-dressed in the dorms. Beni's headed for the bath, so (website spoiler ahead)
expect an Onsen style episode pretty early on next week.
Yuki and Rui have Tenchi right where they want him, I'm rather curious as to what their plan is going to be.
by SnowQueen
#25833 Here's a idea I just had....what if Rui and Yuki are really Washu and Mihoshi in disguise....? Yeah not very likely huh? But it was just a fun thought I had though it's probably to good to be true.
by MangaMan
#25834 This week has given us more character development as well as more insight into the greater over all story. I do hope that we get more comedy outside of Tenchi being put into awkward situations with possible restraining orders tenchiahhhhhh
The crab on Yuki's desk makes me wonder, is she working for Washu? Washu's crap symbol was in the cave they were digging in, plus we haven't seen if Yuki and Aoi have different versions of themselves in the alternate dimension story line. I know this is a celebration of Tenchi but I would like the story to start moving along please. kiyonesmile1
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#25836 Of course, Tenchi must now fulfill the conditions of the festivities drawing to a close, and--DER OH MA BENI!!!

:shock: :twisted: :oops:

Though this episode (and yes, ones to come I've no doubt) are pure fan-service, as some have already noted there's a little bit more to pick up on as well: Washu's namesake the crab, Rui being referred to as a "spy" (though in this context, perhaps Yuki was merely referring to their scheming involving Tenchi and panties), and I totally didn't catch Tenchi-ken in the back pocket!

Something I also caught was what I believe was yet another fun fan callback (this show has already established precedence for the esoteric): when asked to put on some clothes, Beni responds with a simple, straightforward answer of "I'm about to get in the bath, so why would I do that?" Reminds me of Ayeka chiding Ryoko for being an "exhibitionist" in the onsen, to which Ryoko coyly replies "it's only natural to take a bath naked." :wink:

Once again, well done Ai, and the more I get to know her, the more I respect Beni as an imagined protege of Ryoko. (Ryoko-sensei? Ryoko-senpai? I can dream, can't I?!)
by WisperG
#25837 The fanservice is strong with this one gendo1

So in the end, who exactly won the competition last episode? Tenchi seems to have been assigned to the dormitory as a whole, not to any one club/group in particular, or is his assignment here not related to "a day with Tenchi-sensei" as promised for the competition prize?
by GaianKnight
#25843 Well, we know Tenchi lost in the end. He's dead now. =xX=;;;
by Nil Admirari
#25870 Image

Episode 30 is now subtitled and available!

The Super Cut for episodes 26-30 is now available!

We apologize for the delay in getting these out, special circumstances caused us to have to wait a few days. Enjoy, and look forward to today's episode in a few short hours! kiyonesmile1
by wwwwhhhhoooo
WisperG wrote:The fanservice is strong with this one gendo1

Yeah, but...

...in the words of BTO's Randy Bachman, you ain't seen nothin yet! :shock:
by evilpii
#26164 Sorry for the delay in my posting on Episode 29. Work and Chiba Pa got in the way. blush1

To say Tenchi is in an awkward situation now is an understatement. Kiyofacepalm1 Speaking as a teacher, this situation is probably one of the worst to encounter: a male instructor being teased and taunted by the female students in his charge. For those unaware, the penalties for fraternization with students are universally quite severe. Tenchi has sufficient reason to be concerned. butts1

And then, he also has to worry about the rather vicious jealousy he would receive from Ryoko and Ayeka when they found out. wth2

However, the comedy was quite amusing. mmhmm1 I was very glad not to be Tenchi. tenchiahhhhhh Notably, Beni's casual ambling while half-naked was not too dissimilar to Ryoko's behavior around the house. Coincidence? gendo1 Another nod to larger dealings was the crab plushie on Yuki's desk. To whom might this refer? qt1

Also, Kumo-kun. Image