All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by JGZinv
#25915 Well let's just say I've strayed and am up to date.

But I figured something out unrelated to the latest episodes.

I'm pretty sure Ukan, is Washu or a proxy for Washu. She's way to much into "that" sort
of thing, and Washu's going old teacher on Tenchi before. Color palette fits too.
by JGZinv
#25930 For right now all we know is the series composer and that the (so far) 3 dvd and bluray releases will have a cd with each. The first is a character song cd, the other two we don't know the contents of yet.

If it isn't actually listed in the credit scroll, then we'll have to wait a bit.
by Nil Admirari
#25946 The subbing crew would like to apologize for the lack of heads-up on there not being any episodes out since Tuesday. We were all mostly out at the Chibi Pa Festival down in Florida to do a panel and visit Matt & Petrea. We will be resuming work immediately. Look forward to seeing the new episodes as well as our post about the con... including footage of the panels!
by Haldi
JGZinv wrote:For right now all we know is the series composer and that the (so far) 3 dvd and bluray releases will have a cd with each. The first is a character song cd, the other two we don't know the contents of yet.

If it isn't actually listed in the credit scroll, then we'll have to wait a bit.

Thank you very much.
Any infos about when the DVD's will release ?
by wwwwhhhhoooo
Haldi wrote:Thank you very much.
Any infos about when the DVD's will release ?

Volume 1 Blu-ray Japanese release, as of this post, looks to be slated for January 21st.

Since the rights haven't been acquired by any other company, there's no word on if/when the states or anywhere else will get a release proper.
by Nil Admirari
#25983 Image

Episode 33 is now subtitled and available!

Episode 33:

Beni and Momo's history has some more light shed onto it. Beni being some form of delinquent, while Momo is some manner of precious cargo the king entrusts to Beni. Will be very interesting if we can get more information on their background, who they really are in scheme of things on Jurai. Especially the elderly man and the woman standing to his side.

Back in the "feudal" era, Tenchi confirms that Momo and Beni are the two people he was looking for and hits that universal "reset" button. Only, when he activates it, the process doesn't quite complete. Tenchi and Momo are swallowed up into the rift, but what about the rest of them left on the planet?!
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#25985 If Episode 33 doesn't get you pumped, check your pulse, because OMG not only are there some satisfying payoffs to earlier plants, but now we have this late in the game even grander plants, and I'm hella' excited for those payoffs!

(Ancient?) Jurai, Momo and Beni's intertwined backstories and identities presumably as nobility and space pirate respectively, Tenchi's mission, time travel, and the "proper" placement of characters Hachiko, Hana, and Touri along with the rest of the cast ending up at a place (and setting-wise, a time?) called Junai Academy (which I suspect will be elaborated upon further soon).

And, as I commented on yt, how about the fact that Tenchi's device failing at just the right--or rather, wrong--moment seems a little too contrived...coincidence? Or did something or someone cause it (and is indeed perpetuating all of these rifts)?

I think that "something" is
our antagonist, Ukan.