All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by Dagon123
#25949 NOTE*Do not discuss the promotional spoilery material without the use of spoiler tags as well as a forewarning on what the spoiler contains.
by Nobuyuki
#25950 Oh, so that's what's going on.
by Nil Admirari
#25954 Image

Episode 37 is now subtitled and available!

*We apologize for the out-of-order upload for this episode. We were out at Chibi Pa Festival all weekend and were unable to upload episodes 33 through 36 on their respective days. We will be uploading them all shortly.

Episode 37:

So Tenchi fucked up on "saving" Beni and little Momo. Washu pulled him out just in time before he got swallowed by the void. There's a missing piece to the puzzle, one that Washu's gonna have to chew over while she sends Tenchi and the girls on a mission to gather the two who got mixed up in all of this. Loved the banter between Ryoko and Ayeka, Ryoko showing favor towards brashly getting the mission over with while Ayeka berates her for being so brutish.

Kinda makes you wonder what Ayeka will have to say when she discovers where exactly Momo and Beni are from Jurai. Washu may have just left that little detail out in the briefing.
by drillmaster
#25961 My gosh, we finally get the exposition for this series! I mean, we are missing the pieces from last week, but this episode alone made up for the ridiculous school contests from the past two weeks. Fantastic episode and I cannot wait to see more!

I'm just happy we get some Washu time! soawesome1
by Nil Admirari
#25964 Image

Episode 36 is now subtitled and available!

*We apologize for the out-of-order upload for this episode. We were out at Chibi Pa Festival all weekend and were unable to upload episodes 33 through 36 on their respective days. We will be uploading them all shortly.

Episode 36:

A fun little episode, the girls having a good time with Sasami's cookout. I got a giggle out of Touri's worship of Sasami, Ryoko constantly having the meat she desires being ripped from her grasp (a feeling she's no doubt used to by now), and everyone's empty stomachs bringing them together. Momo's plan is finally starting to take shape, all it took was some damn fine cooking. Inching the plot forward just a little bit while providing a bit of comedy. Hopefully we'll have the previous few episodes up tomorrow so you all can see how that roof got messed up~
by Nil Admirari
GregTheLion wrote:I get the feeling we missed something huge plot-wise in Episodes 34 and 35. tenchiahhhhhh

Those will be out later today, sorry again for the delay!

Episode 38 is now subtitled and available!

Episode 38:

Ah hah, so now we know for sure that Washu's been behind the science club's doings since the start. She's been using them as cheap labor to fetch that world reset device (my assumption on what the 'treasure' is, anyways), our favorite pink-haired doctor never above a bit of questionable work ethics. Beni's finally putting herself into a compromising situation by asking Tenchi for help, so much as to bow down in his home to request aid in helping the digsite. Miss Ukan's none too happy with his supposed betrayal of the student council, she'll probably have quite a few things she'll want to do with Tenchi once she gets her hands on him. You know, moreso than usual.

Also, that's where Mihoshi's been the whole time. You goof.
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#25979 Ep. 36 was fun, and unlike the rest of the show, a much slower, calmer pace. I also had a fun thought: I'm 95% sure it's me reading a bit too much into it, but it's still relevant nonetheless. Is Negishi saying, via this episode and the device of a barbecue, that instead of bringing up old, pointless feuds or harboring grudges over things quite minuscule in the grander scheme, that as fans we should all just shut up and enjoy the "food" together? Tenchi is the center around which all the smaller subplots and characters revolve, and Tenchi is a common uniting factor for everyone watching. Begs the question: can we all enjoy what's being offered, together? At any rate, the tables are set, steak's on the grill and people can stop by as they please; and whether intended or not, as a possible takeaway, it's certainly some "food" for thought.
by GregTheLion
wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:Ep. 36 was fun, and unlike the rest of the show, a much slower, calmer pace. I also had a fun thought: I'm 95% sure it's me reading a bit too much into it, but it's still relevant nonetheless. Is Negishi saying, via this episode and the device of a barbecue, that instead of bringing up old, pointless feuds or harboring grudges over things quite minuscule in the grander scheme, that as fans we should all just shut up and enjoy the "food" together? Tenchi is the center around which all the smaller subplots and characters revolve, and Tenchi is a common uniting factor for everyone watching. Begs the question: can we all enjoy what's being offered, together? At any rate, the tables are set, steak's on the grill and people can stop by as they please; and whether intended or not, as a possible takeaway, it's certainly some "food" for thought.

this is a stretch, but... are you implying that everyone should *honk* Tenchi together?