All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by GregTheLion
wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:
GregTheLion wrote:this is a stretch, but... are you implying that everyone should *honk* Tenchi together?

I did say it was a stretch...

Okay, I double-checked what you said and it's a nice thought.
by wwwwhhhhoooo
GregTheLion wrote:Okay, I double-checked what you said and it's a nice thought.

Yes, to clarify my sentiments, everyone (fans) should enjoy Tenchi, not everyone (characters) should "enjoy" Tenchi. :lol:
by Nil Admirari
#26007 Image

Episode 39 is now subtitled and available!

Episode 39:

The student council seems to be on the warpath now, I wonder how their aggressive maneuver is going to affect the discoveries below? The phone did indeed seem to be, at least a part of, what the science club was after. It's been underground for 1,300 years, Washu's inventions sure do withstand the test of time! I liked the little wink to the audience with the password, "Delicious Carrot". Seems someone is thinking about Ryo-ohki, so #TeamOhki can still hold hope. And of course, the hilarious reactions from the girls when Tenchi has his wallpaper set to be a picture of himself and Sasami.

Now, Yuki's gotten into the phone device proper. If the student council doesn't ruin the day early next week, I suspect there could be some very interesting insight coming up. Especially with Mihoshi's rambling on about the "creator" of the world. If Yuki and Rui find out about what Mihoshi's really up to, the creator will disappear? Sounds like Washu's got more going on here than she's let on. Or she just fed Mihoshi some silly information to make her feel more important and get her out of the house.
by GaianKnight
#26008 Well, the final 'two weeks' worth, coming up, will be something.

Kinda weird that Momo's protector, is on the enemy Student Council team, that is opposing the Science Club, that Washu herself is supporting. Doesn't Washu know the meaning of teamwork? (Or is there something more to that. I wonder.

And I wonder why suddenly, we haven't heard or seen of Ryo-ohki, up until now. Remember that Energy wavelengths from the Gems and Jurai Trees are the same, so I wonder what the treasure is there too, suddenly. mmmm1
by Nil Admirari
GaianKnight wrote:Well, the final 'two weeks' worth, coming up, will be something.

Kinda weird that Momo's protector, is on the enemy Student Council team, that is opposing the Science Club, that Washu herself is supporting. Doesn't Washu know the meaning of teamwork? (Or is there something more to that. I wonder.

And I wonder why suddenly, we haven't heard or seen of Ryo-ohki, up until now. Remember that Energy wavelengths from the Gems and Jurai Trees are the same, so I wonder what the treasure is there too, suddenly. mmmm1

The official site's calender for the show has been updated, and apparently we have four weeks left. The recap episodes are not numbered, so we have an extra two weeks of story to deal with! Even better, the final two weeks have no recap episodes.
by GregTheLion
#26011 First and foremost, I like Washu's little nod to Microsoft windows there.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure Tenchi borrowed that phone from Washu, so that 'loli' moment would be trolling 1300 years in the making on Washu's behalf.

Finally, I want to talk about what Mihoshi mentioned about the "world's creator"; I previously theorized that Ukan would be behind the huge rifts from the feudal episodes, so it wouldn't surprise me if she did indeed create this world. Don't forget this sort of thing happened in Tenchi Forever the movie.
With the student council raging an assault on the Science club (again aquateencarl1 ), it's only a matter of time before Tenchi tries to step in the middle and explain everything. by that point, it'll be interesting to see how everyone reacts. Best case scenario, the council will lend a hand in getting this "treasure"... if it does exist.

With a whole month of episodes coming soon, it's all hands on deck on what we can expect. come January time, I expect to hear this show get some merchandising out. I mean, come on AIC. "I have money, I want to give it you."
by wwwwhhhhoooo
GregTheLion wrote:Finally, I want to talk about what Mihoshi mentioned about the "world's creator"; I previously theorized that Ukan would be behind the huge rifts from the feudal episodes, so it wouldn't surprise me if she did indeed create this world.

Good postulations. I agree. (The festival episodes is when I really became confident of this when devising my own theories.) gendo1

GregTheLion wrote:Don't forget this sort of thing happened in Tenchi Forever the movie.

qt1
I take it you took our advice and experienced Forever proper? It really contributes to understanding and enjoyment of Ai's unfolding events.

Anyways, Episode 39 continues to ratchet up the suspense! I had a good laugh with Washu's "Windows" logo (but who's copying whom? Washu was using it 1,300 years ago!) and it kind of reminded me of Washu in Pretty Sammy.

Tenchi characters making a loli joke after all these years of fandom...I shouldn't have to explain why that's hilarious.

Hearing Mihoshi say smart things was as surprising to me as it was to the rest of the cast. Good on ya, First-Class Detective!

And on a final, non-vindictive note: if you've kept up with the series this long and aren't pumped after this episode, or still think there isn't an overarching plot...there's the door lol.
by Nil Admirari
#26025 Image

Episode 40 is now subtitled and available!

Episode 40:

Another recap, Momo commenting on how much she enjoyed that barbeque. Small glimpses of her personality again, though it did bring up an interesting point. The school's traditions have been around for quite some time, with the battle between students descending from the need to prepare for a war between demons and humans. In one of the previous "feudal" era episodes, Tenchi is told about the legend of demons in the mountains. They eventually did find Ryoko in the forest in that era. Who may they find underground?
by GregTheLion
The school's traditions have been around for quite some time, with the battle between students descending from the need to prepare for a war between demons and humans.

I think I have Ukan figured out; what if these 'festivals' and 'competitions' are all just a cover up? She may be trying to distract the students from actually looking for and hunting demons (she might even be one, there's that possibility. after all, she does have inhuman desires) by sugar-coating the tradition and its concept.
Unraveling Ukan's intentions is getting pretty satisfying, like a month-long game of pass the parcel.