All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by Nil Admirari
#26065 NOTE*Do not discuss the promotional spoilery material without the use of spoiler tags as well as a forewarning on what the spoiler contains.

Episode 41 is now subtitled and available!

Episode 41:

Worlds are colliding again! This time, the girls are saddled up for the science club. The student council girls are pretty much going on a suicide mission against Ryoko and Ayeka. It was great to see Ryoko go head to head against Hachiko and Ayeka bust out her Jurian powers against Hana. My my, they're looking quite fittingly sinister! Seems like with whatever buttons got pressed when Touri threw the device at Tenchi, we're in for another big development tomorrow.
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#26066 You heard her, folks! Professor Little Washu-sensei-chan said it's time...for some serious PLOT!

For realz, I'm stoked. It's been a good buildup, and soon Negishi's gonna' hit errybody with the payoff. Brace yourselves and put your trays in their upright, locked positions.
by chucklocker
#26071 Image
The references were strong with this one.

EDIT: Thanks to my man Nil for his image-crafting space magic
by Soul
#26072 Sorry for the lack of posts! Caught up on the past two Super Cut episodes as well as episode 41.
Talk about progression after the fun detour that was the Sports Festival episodes.

Where to begin? I was really glad to see the alternate timeline episodes get tied into the main plot, be it not completely explained yet. Gotta love all that Momo pushing the show does, though I think Hachiko is still my favorite of the new girls.
And ha, yeah gotta love that lolicon joke that was made after all these years. Seeing Ryoko and Ayeka get the spotlight in 41 was fairly satisfying too, but alas, curse Negishi and that cliffhanger! I guess I should just be glad the episodes are daily or I'd be frustrated. The fact that we're potentially hitting a climax is sure something though from the little Tenchi show that could.
by Nobuyuki

Bad move, Monkey. sadface1
by GaianKnight
#26074 Hmm. My opinion of the 'treasure' just changed. I don't think it was ever a 'physical object', but the search my be a natural reaction to the presumption of a buried treasure, when it was never one, all along. (Course it might still be both. Tenchi is a 'treasure' to his own family (becoming extended likely,) for a serious reason, after all.)

And boy, is that 1,300 year old pic getting Tenchi all kinds of trouble.

And I truly think this is just the beginning of something larger at hand. Oh, and I guess the Tenchi ladies really hate being called old. (Even if they truly are. 700+ years don't make no spring chickens, after all. iloveit1 )
by Nil Admirari
#26076 Image

Episode 42 is now subtitled and available!

Episode 42:

So, the treasure was actually Momo's key to her ship. With her, Beni and the jets the sword, the wrecked ship was able to activate. Guess they aren't going to be so lucky as to get home so soon, though! We still have 3 and a half weeks left to go, and now even more ground to dig it all out of. Loved the bits with Hachiko vs Ryoko and Hana vs Ayeka. Ayeka showing off her Queen Bee side, there. Call Me Princess v2, even?

I'm looking forward to what developments may happen between the groups of girls now. Sasami dropped the bomb on what the object was, Beni seems to recall why she was there in the first place, and surely Ayeka will catch wind that two of the new girls are Juraian. Could we even see a little clash of the classes between the Royal Family and wherever Beni & Momo sat on the chain?
by GaianKnight
#26081 Well, guess I was wrong about the treasure bit. mmhmm1

Wait. You're telling me there are two key swords? mmmm1

I don't remember Tenchi dropping his, and... I'll go on presumption here, that if it be so, two Master Keys in this timeline. I know it's a timeline that Momo ended up in, but is the timeline then a 'real' one, and that somehow when Tenchi got vacuumed up into the rift, in a previous episode, that it somehow either got copied, or that we're looking at Momo and Beni are bigger wigs than we thought they were.

Course it also could be a similarly shaped Key, so what do I know, without more episodes, so... BRING EM ON!! rageblow1

And Hachiko might wana get a handle on that wee wittle problem of hers. tenchiahhhhhh (Or get a backup sword on her belt/skirt/something.)

And Tourei is getting a bit too Ecchi with Sasami now too. iloveit1
by Nil Admirari
GaianKnight wrote:Well, guess I was wrong about the treasure bit. mmhmm1

Wait. You're telling me there are two key swords? mmmm1

I don't remember Tenchi dropping his, and... I'll go on presumption here, that if it be so, two Master Keys in this timeline. I know it's a timeline that Momo ended up in, but is the timeline then a 'real' one, and that somehow when Tenchi got vacuumed up into the rift, in a previous episode, that it somehow either got copied, or that we're looking at Momo and Beni are bigger wigs than we thought they were.

Course it also could be a similarly shaped Key, so what do I know, without more episodes, so... BRING EM ON!! rageblow1

There is precedent of Juraians having different keys to their ship. Ayeka's comes in the form of her headdress. It's possible there's a specific format for ships choosing how their key is presented. Momo's seems to be a secondary sword to the one Tenchi has, since the hilt is a different color than his, which would be the key to her own ship which had wrecked underground 1,300 years prior to the start of the series.

Episode 43 is now subtitled and available!

Episode 43:

Looks like the house is going to be a little bit busy overnight, with Ryoko engaged in a cooking contest against Hana and Hachiko. The student council is wise to keep a closer eye on Tenchi now, seeing that Washu has re-ignited the science club's desire to conquer the school. Meanwhile, we learn that Miss Ukan is actually... well, I don't think anyone called that!

In a similar vein to Universe's space opera plot not taking off til after Time & Space Adventures, Negishi has given ample time for the new girls to establish themselves as well as showing us the old girls' maturing a little bit. But now comes the time for the plot to really buckle down, with 3 weeks and an episode remaining. There's surely going to be a crazy ride ahead, knowing what we know now and thinking about what still remains a mystery to us.
by GregTheLion
#26091 Welp, my theory's been beaten to a pulp aquateencarl1

So if Ukan isn't the one behind the space rifts, then... what is?