All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by SnowQueen
#26092 It sounds like to me that Washu might be the villain in all this~

I've been totally loving the last few episodes. From the Sailor Moon reference, to the shipping ( You can't stop Snowy and her ships. lol) these episodes have been really fun and I love seeing the original girls getting about more or less even screen time as the new girls and of course the plot is finally rolling around and I can't wait to see what going to happen next~!
by GaianKnight
#26096 Okay... the GP really horning in on Jurai stuff. Probably not new, but still... gee.

And I see why the Ramen in the end, guess even Sasami has to take a night off, when Ryoko tries to wipe out humanity again, in the kitchen. And then I presume we approach an obligatory 'sleep night', full of hi jinx. (Feels like that's what's next.) The house will be gone by Ep. 46. badass1

And back to the key bit, I get that it may simply be a different Key than Tenchi's. I don't get yet (obviously as of us all,) why it's a sword hilt, as unless they give precedent that Momo can use one, 'as' a sword, then when it is used, it may come across as a little odd, without some 'filler background' that justifies it being used 'as' a sword. Also feels odd it'd be a sword, and 'not' a Key shaped as something else, like Sasami's Key is. Just all feels odd to me, and will love to know who the key is exactly for. For Momo, we need more. For Beni, I get it, won't argue there. And I suppose we won't really know, for a good while, so BRING EET ON EPISODES!!! mmhmm1
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#26098 Ukan working with/for (?) the GP...did NOT see that one coming! Subsequently, Mihoshi working with/for Ukan? Definitely did not see that coming! She better not be Mihoshi's partner, because the position's already been filled! (Unless said partner finally got her wish of being promoted.)
by Nobuyuki
wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:She better not be Mihoshi's partner, because the position's already been filled!

Twice, even. ;)
by GaianKnight
#26100 What's more shocking is a partner that is putting up with Mihoshi. (So far.) That probably will change, over the remaining episodes though. mmhmm1

And more like once in one universe, once in another, unless we accept the Mihoshi story premise here. Kiyofacepalm1
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#26111 Thought: since an additional two weeks were recently announced, presuming they tacked on a few more due to Ai doing fairly well...considering the time of year for the last few episodes, does this mean we'll get a Christmas episode(s)?! Holiday high-jinks with all the Tenchi girls? Yes, please!
by Nil Admirari
wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:Thought: since an additional two weeks were recently announced, presuming they tacked on a few more due to Ai doing fairly well...considering the time of year for the last few episodes, does this mean we'll get a Christmas episode(s)?! Holiday high-jinks with all the Tenchi girls? Yes, please!

These two weeks were always going to be there. The official episode count never took the recap episodes into the numerical running - we just didn't realize this until we'd already done two weeks' worth of episodes. At that point, it wasn't worth redoing and reuploading everything. We've been sticking with it to avoid confusion, but our numbers will end at 60 while the official line is still 50.

There are 5 episodes per school "day", including the flashback days. Which means there are 9 school days and a "day" of flashback. The 10 recap episodes are supposedly not going to be included on the DVD/BR release.
by Nil Admirari
#26118 Image

Episode 44 is now subtitled and available!

Well now, the stakes are getting even higher. So, not only do we have potential Jurian nobility involved (and surely, they're going to want to know what the hell is going on), but we also have the Galaxy Police and the Science Academy? And wouldn't you know it, but there's nary a care on the faces of the young students down at Junai. With 3 "days" left in the schedule (Today's episode, next week's 4 episodes, and then the two weeks remaining after that) and 3 days left before the election, we're probably going to have a lot of worlds colliding as the polls draw to a conclusion.

Let's hope nobody wants a recount at the end.

Loved Washu's rockstar face, just as defiant and no-fucks-given as ever. Also loved how the girls fought over the degree of sexualization that should have been used for the campaign poster, with the student council deciding to be more modest while Yuki... well, ya tried, dearie.
by GaianKnight
#26120 Gee, this series isn't about teamwork, is it. iloveit1

And talk about 'inflating' electoral constituency. Tenchismile

And really, like Washu isn't seeing what's coming? (Cute pic they used though of her.) And I'm wondering 'what' this buried ship is really all about. The GP don't involve themselves 'and' the Science Academy, without something more to a Jurai ship, than it would be worth to attempt to challenge Jurai for it. So the secret of that ship better be worth it all. mmhmm1

And cool to see GP HQ used in the episode. soawesome1
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#26137 Washu Hakubi, eh? Duly noted. GP gettin' involved, oooooh boy (didn't know they had SWAT!). And for the first time, I felt sooo bad for Hachiko! Her precious pics deleted...but shamefully, somewhat sadistically, I must confess: the look on her face...priceless!