All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by Nobuyuki
#26335 Certainly close.
Looks like the poster changed, at least. ;)
by GaianKnight
#26336 I didn't notice HAL in the side wall, until now either. iloveit1
by wwwwhhhhoooo
Nobuyuki wrote:Certainly close.
Looks like the poster changed, at least. ;)

And they re-did the upholstery on that oh-so-drab gray hallway bench.

Boom!
by evilpii
#26681 You know, I might be arguing minutiae, but I don't think Ayeka is not wearing her tiara key in the opening of episode 43. wth2
I want to say there is a wild take in Tenchi in Tokyo where her hair and the key pop off for a moment, but is there another time when Ayeka is seen without her tiara key? qt1

Edit: Added a screenshot.
by SnowQueen
#26682 Are you referring to I think its a comic where Ryoko reveals Ayeka's hair is actually a wig? If not then there's another example though I can't find it anywhere online. ^^; Sorry.
by evilpii
SnowQueen wrote:Are you referring to I think its a comic where Ryoko reveals Ayeka's hair is actually a wig? If not then there's another example though I can't find it anywhere online. ^^; Sorry.

Here's said comic. I had to dig through the Wayback Machine to find it. blush1
However, I do know there are some frames of animation from Tenchi in Tokyo that show Ayeka's hair and teeth coming off, but it is "wild take" in the tradition of Looney Tunes. I can't find a screenshot at the moment, but I'll keep looking. blush1

Also, the marking on Ayeka's leg is likely not a tattoo. Observe in Episode 42 that Ayeka the marking is clearly shown.
Note that the marking would descend down the outside of her right leg past her ankle and probably visible on her knee. However, after her bath in Episode 43, the marking is not visible at all.
There is a possibility that the camera angle just did not show the design, though one does wonder what that marking might be. Perhaps it is a skin-tone legging or hose of some kind?
by Nobuyuki
evilpii wrote:However, I do know there are some frames of animation from Tenchi in Tokyo that show Ayeka's hair and teeth coming off, but it is "wild take" in the tradition of Looney Tunes. I can't find a screenshot at the moment, but I'll keep looking. blush1

Presto.
by evilpii
Nobuyuki wrote:
evilpii wrote:However, I do know there are some frames of animation from Tenchi in Tokyo that show Ayeka's hair and teeth coming off, but it is "wild take" in the tradition of Looney Tunes. I can't find a screenshot at the moment, but I'll keep looking. blush1

Presto.

That's the one. mmhmm1 I also mixed up Ryoko's teeth with Ayeka's. Sorry about that. blush1 Thank you, Nobuyuki. Tenchismile By the way, would you happen to know what episode from which this scene is taken?
by evilpii
SnowQueen wrote:^ I believe that is from episode 11 of Tenchi in Tokyo. I'm not 100 percent sure though. ^^;

You would be correct, Snow. mmhmm1 Ryoko and Ayeka are fighting over a golden statue and, as one might expect, break it. blush1 Hence, their goofy reaction. wth2 Thanks, Snow. kiyonesmile1