All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by Dagon123
SnowQueen wrote:This was just the last straw when seriously I know the situation is intense but to punch her like that and then Momo having the sword that Ryoko was trying to give her two fucking seconds later.... I don't know. I just hate it when anime almost glorifys abuse and other really terrible things and it always gets under my skin. And good lord don't get me started on DoD. That movie pisses me off to no end. So I've said my piece. Feel free to agree or disagree but I just couldn't keep it to myself anymore.

I agree with you there that they have definitely glorified "abuse" as it were (mainly early on with Tenchi) but this instance isn't glorifying abuse, and the reason that Momo didn't want to take the sword, was that she was afraid that she might transform back into her 5 year old self, hence why AFTER Beni punches Momo, Beni says "I'll protect you no matter WHAT happens".

I can understand why you (or anyone else) might not like that scene, but ultimately, the show is doing nothing wrong here, there is precedent for it, you can like or dislike what you choose (we all do!) but you really can't hold that against the merit of the show.
by evilpii
#26449 So, I was skimming through Tenchi materials today for the Keys of Jurai thread I just started, and I noticed something. I had been curious about the orbs that appeared in Tenchi and Momo's blades yesterday.
Notice that the orb is in the same place as it would be in the Light Hawk Sword! wth2
While some have made fan speculations at a connection between Tenchiken and the Light Hawk Sword, could this be an official connection? WANT1
by SnowQueen
Dagon123 wrote:I can understand why you (or anyone else) might not like that scene, but ultimately, the show is doing nothing wrong here, there is precedent for it, you can like or dislike what you choose (we all do!) but you really can't hold that against the merit of the show

I still as a whole appreciate the show because well its new Tenchi material but I wish they did things just a tad better then just having people used as punching bags just for the hell of it more than half the time but that being said there are still parts I really like and even parts I love but this is certainly not one of them and it made my opinion of the show go down quite a bit. Maybe the finale can save itself and I really hope it does because I really don't want to dislike this series.

I believe now will be a good time to bury the subject (at least on my part) because of made my point already and I don't want to taint the thread with it so if you want to here more of my thoughts of it into detail then PM me. And thanks for hearing me out a respecting my opinion Dagon. ^^

Anyway I was wondering what those orbs were and I wouldnt have ever made that connection but what actually do they do? Is it just a source of stored energy?
by wwwwhhhhoooo
SnowQueen wrote: I believe now will be a good time to bury the subject (at least on my part) because of made my point already and I don't want to taint the thread with it so if you want to here more of my thoughts of it into detail then PM me. And thanks for hearing me out a respecting my opinion Dagon. ^^

Always, Snow. Thank you for contributing to discussions with your opinions, we appreciate it and we appreciate you.

mmhmm1

(I was the odd one out when they basically made a dildo joke the first time Tenchi-ken was produced in this series; I still don't completely agree with it, but fortunately the series saved itself in my eyes after I moved past it...and at any rate, I didn't get put in a corner for feeling that way, so kudos forum folk.)

Anyway, on the note of "orbs" and a possible nod, if not direct connection to, lighthawk wings: very acute, pii, I wouldn't have even considered it, but it sounds valid and rather plausible.
by Dagon123
#26458 Image

Tenchicast 30: No Need for Ai Tenchi Muyo! PT.7 | Latest Tenchicast

Video from : youtu.be

(VERY big thanks to Who for editing the cast)
by WisperG
#26463 The references. They just keep coming! soawesome1

Fooly Cooly, Aliens, and the return of Washu's puppets/mini-robots from Universe as... some equivalent to Facehuggers. Like, seriously. Can they cram any more nods to other series in there? I sure hope so.

DANG. Dat punch. Beni layin' the smackdown on Ryoko.

Ayeka and Sasami try to lay down some Royal authori-tay, but don't really get anywhere...

Washu ends up being captured by Mihoshi, whom she apparently forgot about. Now that's irony if I've ever seen it. Although she didn't try very hard to get away...
Now that I think about it, this is only the 2nd time we've seen Mihoshi in her new GP uniform. We sure didn't get to see much of it.

So... Tenchi and Momo are touching swords and he says...
tenchiahhhhhh
"That's right, keep it up just like that."
Kiyofacepalm1

And I was wondering what's up with those orb things on each sword, but I see Pii has already made his analysis and a thread for it.

Nil Admirari wrote:She must have gotten the idea to have Goriki-kun knock it back using a baseball bat from Wisper's Smash Bros addiction. kiyonesmile1
badass1

Although I personally interpreted it as a Fooly Cooly reference, as mentioned above. I think people here know what scene I'm referring to :wink:

evilpii wrote:Notice that this series is set about five years after the Masaki household as we know it was established.
I'm curious. How did you come to this conclusion?
by evilpii
WisperG wrote:
evilpii wrote:Notice that this series is set about five years after the Masaki household as we know it was established.
I'm curious. How did you come to this conclusion?

In Ai Tenchi episode 1, Tenchi's identification card states that he is aged 22 years.
Traditionally in every continuity to date, Tenchi first encounters the girls when he is 16-17 years old, which would place this series at 5 years after an initial encounter. Moreover, he has been acting more mature than the "country boy" persona he usually has in other series, especially now as he is guiding Momo. He seems to have more experience, particularly with Juraian abilities as illustrated this week.

Admittedly, Washu did forge his records, so it is possible that he is still the 17-year-old country boy. However, his characterization and skills for Ai Tenchi seem to contradict such an assumption.
by GregTheLion
evilpii wrote:In Ai Tenchi episode 1, Tenchi's identification card states that he is aged 22 years.

He looks quite young for being 22, no wonder the girls go for him iloveit1
by The-Kaiser
#26498 Anyone else notice the GXP computer displays are running Star Trek TNG-Voy era style of display known as the LCARS ?

Library Computer Access/Retrieval System :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LCARS

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/LCARS

http://lcarscom.net/databank.htm fan site for them

http://www.lcars.org.uk/Adges%20Welcome.htm another good one :)

http://www.lcarsmania.com/ Japanese fan site :)