All discussion about the latest iteration of the Tenchi Saga!
by evilpii
#26504 Today gives us a lot of super-science and Juraian space magic. mmhmm1

Ryoko and Beni inspect the wrecked ship, which Beni has access to command. Toshika hasn't forgotten her. kiyonesmile1
Beni's memory might be coming back too. soawesome1

I am curious about the space magic here.
Washu has hacked the d.o. bullet no doubt to follow her commands, while Beni simultaneously activates Toshika. The beam from the bullet changes to pink, and Momo's key reacts, allowing her to meet Tenchi. Given its name, I propose that the d.o. bullet pierced the rift, allowing Washu to channel Toshika's signal to Momo's key.

There is precedent for this theory in both TMiL films. In TMiL1, Washu used the five color Fudo temples to mimic Juraian energy to power a vortex for entering subspace. In TMiL2, Washu used all the Juraian camellia trees planted by Katsuhito throughout his youth in tandem with the dimensional hardware of the SA to pierce into Haruna's world, allowing Ryoko and Ayeka to enter.

In fact, all three of these situations seem to be very similar: dimensional hardware channelling Juraian or pseudo-Juraian energy to break the barrier between universes. butts1

Nil Admirari wrote:Ukan follows her orders instead of going completely insane, pulling out her troops and suggesting the school girls retreat as well.

I am mildly disappointed that Ukan did not have a heel turn, but needless to say, her retreat does play to her as a GP officer doing her job. Also, she seems to have released Ayeka and Sasami. mmhmm1

Nil Admirari wrote:Have to say, I've been loving the way that they've treated Washu's interfaces through this series. It always has some sort of digitized version of herself somewhere. I laughed aloud when I saw the hacking process upload meter being a version of lemmings, but with mini-Washus.

I do love all of Washu's egomaniacal toys. We got the classic "A" and "B" puppets from Universe! iloveit1
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#26518 Oh my God. Beni and Momo reunited, Tenchi and Ryoko surrounded by a blossoming tree, and ending with the exact same ending shot--I mean, EXACT--as that of Universe...yep, Ai did it right. Those same feels, all these years later.

That was the Tenchi I know and love.

& to top it all off, on Christmas day! What a wonderful gift! Thank you Tenchiforum Translations! Thank you Mr. Negishi!

Still one more episode to go? I don't know if I can take the excitement.
by drillmaster
#26521 It was a very nice ending for Tenchi and Momo, but was it ever explained in the show explicitly what the Feudal segments were? Was the Ryoko and the Mihoshi of those segments confirmed to be alternate versions of the characters or was it some kind of simulation by Washu? Were the versions of the other girls the ancestors of the students at Junai?
by Nil Admirari
drillmaster wrote:It was a very nice ending for Tenchi and Momo, but was it ever explained in the show explicitly what the Feudal segments were? Was the Ryoko and the Mihoshi of those segments confirmed to be alternate versions of the characters or was it some kind of simulation by Washu? Were the versions of the other girls the ancestors of the students at Junai?

There's not been anything specifically about those yet. Perhaps tomorrow's episode will squeeze a quick explanation in. Though man, 4 more minutes hardly seems enough. There's so much more I want to know and see.
by evilpii
Nil Admirari wrote:I uh, I got something in my eyes here. Gimme a minute.

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:Oh my God. Beni and Momo reunited, Tenchi and Ryoko surrounded by a blossoming tree, and ending with the exact same ending shot--I mean, EXACT--as that of Universe...

... I have no emoticon for this.

High school Momo, I will miss you.
Momo seems to have been able to control the time-jumps through her key, and likely its connection to Toshika. Hence, when she calmed down, she could put things right herself. Indeed, she is the tragic hero here.

The bench scene gave me chills.
Not only did it remind me heavily of Eva, but the prolonged goodbye carved a peach-shaped hole in my chest, and likely Tenchi's as well. However, much like Sakuya from Tokyo, child Momo could still grow up to be the high school Momo we have met. Also, much like baby Mayuka from Manatsu no Eve, she has a chance to learn from Tenchi and the family.
Can you feel it?

The scene with Washu and the others brought me back to both TMiL movies like yesterday: the time running out, Tenchi trapped in some offshoot universe. I feel it.

"Please, remember me."

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:That was the Tenchi I know and love.

This man said it all. That feeling is the magic of Tenchi Muyo! doing its job.

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:& to top it all off, on Christmas day! What a wonderful gift! Thank you Tenchiforum Translations! Thank you Mr. Negishi!

This was a great Christmas present to the fans. Merry Christmas, everyone. Thank you, everyone at TenchiForum Translations.
by drillmaster
Nil Admirari wrote:
drillmaster wrote:It was a very nice ending for Tenchi and Momo, but was it ever explained in the show explicitly what the Feudal segments were? Was the Ryoko and the Mihoshi of those segments confirmed to be alternate versions of the characters or was it some kind of simulation by Washu? Were the versions of the other girls the ancestors of the students at Junai?

There's not been anything specifically about those yet. Perhaps tomorrow's episode will squeeze a quick explanation in. Though man, 4 more minutes hardly seems enough. There's so much more I want to know and see.

So I thought. I just wish we had more time. This might be the last new Tenchi series in a long time...I'm gonna miss seeing the girls and Tenchi weekly again. It was always something to look forward to when coming home from work.

Merry Christmas all! Tomorrow's gonna be a rough one.
by SnowQueen
#26529 Yes today's episode was beautifully tragic. The way that Momo was engulfed by peach blossom just had me at awe for a moment and indeed gave me the vibe of the tragic hero but her last moment certainly left beauty and impact. I will remember you Momo. sadface1 it certainly reminded me of Sakuya and Tenchi in Tenchi in Tokyo when she also disappears among blossoms and I was kinda hoping for a kiss during Tenchi and Momo's scene. Sakuya got one. Momo should get one too!

I also loved seeing Ryoko and Tenchi under the glowing peach blossoms (also was hoping for a kiss at that part... -_- lol) and Beni and Mini Momo being together again is nice to see too. I hope we find who exactly Momo is and where in the royal family she stands and what her status is and family etc. And also more about Beni's background as well and if the other girls will remember all that has happened now everything is slowly coming to a end and just how Yuki and Rui ended up under Washu's wing so to speak. So many answers I want to know and such little time!
by Nil Admirari
#26557 Image

Episode 60 is now subtitled and available!

Episode 60:

Our adventure winds down with a quiet moment back home at the Masaki shrine. But as always, quiet is but a fleeting thing with Ryoko and the girls around. We get a look at Beni and Momo's final moments before they go back to their own dimension, with some interesting differences. In the version where they were originally captured, the extra characters were represented by Hachiko, Hana and Touri. In this iteration, the Hachiko character is an older man, and the two women with him have similar hair colors but slightly different designs than Hana and Touri.

We also get a look at all of that lovely paperwork Mihoshi's famous for needing during every case, Ukan's worth ethics still being rather questionable, Washu finally yawning after a hard 50-episodes' work, and Ryo-ohki falling into a carrot coma. The final moments drop a delicious final hint, leaving everyone to imagine the meaning of those 20 or so seconds.

It's been a crazy ride working on this with you all and being able to bring the fandom fresh Tenchi material every single day. Thank you all for watching and being here with us for the carnival.