Reply To: Anime Reviews/Recommendation Thread

Forums Off Topic Other Anime Anime Reviews/Recommendation Thread Reply To: Anime Reviews/Recommendation Thread

WisperG

mitsuki lover wrote:

Just wondering if the rest of the Shippuden movies are like that.

I don’t think so. I haven’t seen them all yet, but Bonds is widely considered to be the worst of the Shippuden films. Most of the others are either decent or even really good. I quite liked the first one (simply titled “Shippuden: The Movie”) myself.

The two that are most worth watching, and are now considered the best by many, are the two that are actually canon to the manga, The Last and Boruto (the 7th and 8th films). Though for obvious reasons they’re best watched after the conclusion of the series (or rather, the manga or the latest video game, since the anime still hasn’t adapted the ending), unless you just don’t care about spoilers or following about a specific viewing order.

Before the two above movies claimed that title, the third Shippuden film, Will of Fire was the one I most often saw pointed to as the best, as it was one of the few that actually tried to pull from the main series narrative both thematically and by referencing a number of key scenes from the last few Shippuden arcs. That one’s next on my list, so I’ll know soon if all the praise is deserved. I may even rank/score all of the Naruto films I’ve seen in my review post for WoF.