Reply To: Shows you’re looking forward to

Forums Off Topic Other Anime Shows you’re looking forward to Reply To: Shows you’re looking forward to

wwwwhhhhoooo
    none
    *Yeah, I know, not anime, but thread does say shows you’re looking forward to…

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100722070039/avatar/images/thumb/e/eb/OB-JH954_korra1_G_20100721104600.jpg/800px-OB-JH954_korra1_G_20100721104600.jpg" />

If you’re haven’t heard anything about this series (which is a difficult feat, I’m impressed) it’s a continuation of the series “Avatar: The Last Airbender.” I’ve yet to meet anyone that didn’t like the first series (if you haven’t seen it, I totally recommend it) so I’m excited for this new series.

The first series was proof that there’s still good, original series to be made for American youth on tv (albeit not in numerous quantities) & I always saw the series as the closest analogue to what I’ve heard some refer to as “American Anime.” If you see the artwork, animation style, it’s very obvious there are little nuances here & there that are undoubtedly inspired by anime, & it’s targeted audience is close to what anime’s intended audience often is: teens & young adults (though first Airbender was also slightly geared to even younger audiences, being on Nickelodeon, but still enjoyable by older viewers)