Reply To: Shows you’re looking forward to

Forums Off Topic Other Anime Shows you’re looking forward to Reply To: Shows you’re looking forward to

WisperG
    Well, it’s almost that time again. You guys know the drill.

Check the Spring 2016 anime lists at LiveChart and ANN.

~~~

Fortunately, my list was smaller than last time. Seems far more manageable once I drop a few things based on initial impressions.

Must-watch

Kiznaiver (Trigger + Shirow Miwa on character designs = ???)

My Hero Academia (Read some of the manga. Love it)

Space Patrol Luluca (Trigger + Imaishi = ???)

Twin Star Exorcists (Also been reading the manga. Also loved it)

Will probably watch

Bungo Stray Dogs (Kinda-sorta getting some Baccano vibes. Either way, looks like a cool show. Also, Studio Bones)

Flying Witch (I like the designs. Seems like a unique set-up for a slice-of-life show)

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress (As I said when I posted the trailers, it has enough going for it for me to give it a watch)

Maybes

Ace Attorney (Game-to-anime adaptations can be rather hit of miss. We’ll see how this goes)

Big Order (Sounds kinda interesting)

Endride (Kenshin and Bastard!!’s creators split character design duties, but otherwise it looks really generic)

Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto/Sakamoto desu ga? (Seems to be pretty funny)

Joker Game (Sounds interesting. ANN’s description sounds very convoluted though)

Kuromukuro (Hadn’t heard of this one before. Looks sci-fi?)

Mayoiga (Could go either way. Premise sounds interesting, but could easily be something I wouldn’t care for)

Re:Zero (I like the character designs, but the premise sounds rather generic)

Shonen Maid (Cross-dressing shota’s doing housework? This could either be really funny or really terrible)

On-going series

Ushio & Tora 2 (Will watch as soon as I finish Season 1)

Final Count: 16 new series + 1 continuing show

I’d probably be watching Macross Delta if I’d seen Frontier, but I haven’t. Ditto for the Magi: Sinbad spinoff. Never quite finished Season 1, let alone Season 2, and that’s unlikely to change anytime soon.