Reply To: Magical Girls Thread

Forums Off Topic Other Anime Magical Girls Thread Reply To: Magical Girls Thread

SnowQueen
    Well the ones I can think of on the top of my head I don’t believe are currently running but the ones I can think of are…

Winx Club- This one is really “girly” but it still has it’s cool moments through all the friendship and glitter (the witches a.k.a the villains are pretty badass and I honestly favor them more then the heroes lol) . The first couple of the seasons(?) are good but then after a while it just gets to much to the points the transformations and forms are just a eyesore to me to be honestly but this is my personal opinion. But the first couple of season I can recommend.

W.I.T.C.H-

I know this one isn’t current but it’s still a good magical girl show. I’m going off memory here and I haven’t seen/read it in a loooong time. It’s pretty traditional as far as I remember but the main leader isn’t your girly goody two shoes type. She’s pretty much a low key tomboy if I remember right and the other characters are pretty interesting and if nothing else they make the show shine. So anything the cast is what makes this show and I honestly I don’t remember the plot much and I read the books vs watching the show.

there is another I can think of but I haven’t seen it. I believe its a parody of magical girls and I do want to watch it when I get the chance.

Star vs The Forces of Evil – can’t write much cause I haven’t seen it.

One more…

Steven Universe lol sorrynotsorry

But seriously though it has magic,fusions (transformations), good action, great cast, meaningful and heartfelt moments, story, and Steven! XD

Ukinojo92 wrote:

. I mean is there a magical girl show made by Americans, that has magic, awesome fighting action, explosions and not a lot of girly stuff in it?

Symphogear qt1 LOL sorry. It’s anime anyway. but it has all of those things you mention though and Maria is American ( i think) so does that count?