Reply To: What Are You Watching?

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat What Are You Watching? Reply To: What Are You Watching?

Almael
    Samurai Head Hunters

BBC’s Samurai history documentary is good but this british documentary is in a league of it’s own. To sum it up it’s about the dark secret of the trade. If you are looking for fighting techniques, strategy, and tactics this is not it. It does go into the warrior’s handbook, though. And it’s not about history either…not a single word on the most important decision in Japan’s history. The example story takes place just before the Tokugawa shogunate. This is definitely a must see episode but be warned it’s uncensored truth.

The Princess and the Pilot / Toaru Hikūshi e no Tsuioku

Because of the english name was different I didn’t realized “The Pilot’s Love Song /Toaru Hikūshi e no Koiuta” was related. I saw the novel a while back but did not know it was made into a movie. There are two other series in this universe. Imho better than Pilot’s Love Song.

The story is typical boys meets girl or rather street boy meets princess. The interesting part is the world itself. Sadly, the movie does not go into the details of the world. It’s worth watching but may not be a keeper for everyone. The actions are alright, but inaccurate. I doubt the water fuel technology is realistic even in a hundred years.