Reply To: General Discussion (previously Canon Question)

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Translation Zone General Discussion (previously Canon Question) Reply To: General Discussion (previously Canon Question)

jgzinv
    The reason I hit on high quality scans so much is the machine translation has a harder time with lesser resolutions. I can always scale something down… going up is the hard part.

It also doesn’t nothing at all for handwritten font, and currently the better method I have does horizontal text only, so character have to be chopped and reoriented from vertical (which there’s a loooot of).

Images with heavy background art too, are neigh impossible… you could probably clean the page by erasing / painting the unwanted art leaving the characters, it’s just a huge time sink.

We can talk if you want to do something… just we really truly need to get a proofreader if we’re going to do it right. Machine translation only gets you so far. Your credibility is shot when you translate something wrong, and it makes it to the news…

If you review the translation section here, I should have some guides as to how I’m doing it currently. CamDictionary is the best thus far. KanjiOCR is the older way.