Reply To: General Discussion (previously Canon Question)

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Translation Zone General Discussion (previously Canon Question) Reply To: General Discussion (previously Canon Question)

Anonymous

strat_guy wrote:

Yes, lets try to get something going. I’ll help with whatever I can, I’m pretty proficient with Photoshop. I’d be glad to do anything on the graphic side from cleaning to conversion to typesetting. If you’re really interested, we can try putting “help wanted” ads around the various scan sites and see if anyone bites. Since its affiliated with Tenchiforum we may get some help, rather than just random people yelling “translate this for me!” Either PM me or put an official topic up in the translation area and lets get talking.

I’m just gonna say this now, don’t expect anybody to do it for free, and don’t expect people to just throw money at it. I think it’s a fantastic opportunity, and I’ve always said that the best translation work has always been done by sub groups and they usually do it the cheapest, but rarely without some kind of monetary incentive of their own. I’m not saying it’s impossible, especially if we put forward the extra help to do things like typesetting and the like, but the barrier to projects like this has been, and more then likely always will be, money and interest.

That aside, I think another barrier is getting everyone on the same page as far as WHAT to translate goes, I personally think a more fruitful venture is the Hasegawa novels, we have literally almost NO idea what is in them, short of Manatsu no Eve/Daughter of Darkness. I know everybody wants the Kajishima doujins done, but really thats only for the new info, not for the content of the doujin itself. We all pretty much know what they are about, I think translating what has NEVER been looked at by translators because of “canon” is the way to go