Reply To: Toonami Lives… In some form…

Forums Off Topic Other Anime Toonami Lives… In some form… Reply To: Toonami Lives… In some form…

WisperG
    My initial reaction was EXTREME EXCITEMENT.

But after calming down and thinking about it, I can definitely see why a lot of people are apprehensive about this.

This could go either way, but reading the plot description, I think this could work. If they do it right, of course.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeWGJzIUYAYsWLP.jpg" />

So, it’s not really a direct sequel, per se. It’s another adventure in the crazy life of Haruko, set years later with a new protagonist that gets tangled up in her antics. Though I’d be dumb-founded if a grown-up Naota didn’t appear at some point.

For what it’s worth, they are bringing back some familiar staff, and they roped in the director of Psycho-Pass. The wild-card here is Iwai on writing duty. He’s a J-Drama writer and actor who I can find very little information about.

Quote:

Back for the new season is FLCL series creator Kazuya Tsurumaki, serving as supervisor with director Katsuyuki Motohiro (Psycho-Pass) and character designer Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Neon Genesis Evangelion). Also joining this season is writer Hideto Iwai (Last Dinner).

Oh yeah, and The Pillows are back for the soundtrack kiyonesmile1