Reply To: Time and Space Adventures

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Time and Space Adventures Reply To: Time and Space Adventures

evilpii
    Participant
    none

Nil Admirari wrote:

Some of Jurai’s quirks follow this type of thinking, which lends itself to some very interesting thoughts on how Ayeka’s ideal world was pushing away from all that she knew from back home. A rebel as a potential leader, huh? Let’s hope she ends up on the throne during some timeline and leads some change during her stay.

It is rather disappointing that Jurai, a space-faring galactic empire, would not be very forthcoming in terms of women’s rights, particularly considering the number of female characters Jurai has provided. Then again, this does highlight characters like Ayeka who might move away from such faulty ideals.

Now, “Empress Ayeka” is an idea I quite like and advocate. gendo1 I had always thought of Ayeka as a leader being similar to Elizabeth I of England, but perhaps comparing her to Tomoe Gozen or Hojo Masako might be more appropriate role models, or some combination thereof. butts1 I certainly wouldn’t mind a continuity where Ayeka moved Jurai into a modern era of prosperity by her own hand. kiyonesmile1