Reply To: "Star Blazers" Anyone?

Forums Off Topic Other Anime "Star Blazers" Anyone? Reply To: "Star Blazers" Anyone?

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Great find Wisper! I’m really enjoying this series! They are doing an excellent job of modernizing the story while staying true to the original feel of the show. I’m loving the new characters and their interactions, and the addition of modern scientific knowledge and more realistic situations is great! No more having to wonder how the ship keeps getting repaired so fast, or why Yuki/Nova is the ONLY woman on the ship lol. I’m especially curious to see where these next episodes will go because at this point in the original the episodes get rather preposterous and random, i.e. a planet of bee people called, wait for it, planet Beeland (for real!) or discovering that Sanada’s/Sandor’s arms and legs are actually prosthetics with BOMBS in them (seriously!). I hope that they continue to clean up the story and shift the focus from the silly plots more toward the character interactions. All in all, this is a FANTASTIC treatment of the original series and I earnestly hope that they continue on to season two, cause that would be mindblowingly good!