Reply To: Toonami Tenchi in Tokyo

Forums Fan Stuff Tenchi Projects Toonami Tenchi in Tokyo Reply To: Toonami Tenchi in Tokyo

Jameron4eva

Dagon123 wrote:

Jameron4eva wrote:

So then the DVD releases are japanese just with english voice over?

No, ALL of the DVD releases are English Dub, Japanese with English Subtitles.

What I was saying was, when Tenchi came out on Toonami, Pioneer made a special print run of the VHS that was the Toonami version with the Toonami edit, but they only did this for OVA 1&2 and Universe, they never got to Tokyo, so the only way to find or watch the Toonami version of Tokyo is hope that someone recorded it, which is pretty slim to none.

So I was hoping if someone had ANY old tapes of Tenchi that they would have saved it for posterity.

Okay, i also see they just did that run as “TENCHI MUYO”, only way to tell if theyre OVA 1&2 or Universe is looking at episode names, and looking for Toonami producers on the back, and soft clamshell it looks like from ebay pics. Maybe that was when the switch from Pioneer to Geneon happened and they decided not to do them, or Toonami didn’t feel like it at that point, i think by the time Tokyo came to Toonami, Naruto was starting to dominate everything right? I did notice however, on the dvd’s and HD versions i have, Funi seemed to only include the Japanese intro/outro vids and break cuts. Wish we could get BOTH versions in HD. (Maybe a re-voice over for OVA 3 for Ryoko)