Reply To: Dark Energy Trilogy

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction Dark Energy Trilogy Reply To: Dark Energy Trilogy

evilpii
    Participant
    none

Quote:

Idly, Jezibel Kimitan watched the sparring match below. As she reclined slightly to the side of her seat, her jade eyes followed the blond Nerti Ro dodging and striking at her male adversary, her instructor. The man’s spikes of green hair barely slipped from the hook of her wooden scythe as he spun the length of his spear at her legs. His feline amber eyes followed his student as she ducked and rolled to the side, soon regaining her footing, weapon held ready. He stepped back, taking a defensive posture, drawing his spear’s length slowly along his free hand, observing her closely, his elfin ears listening intently for her next attack.

Jezibel, however, yawned. Such physical conflict bored her when no blood was shed. She loosened her control on Nerti during these practice sessions, letting the girl’s subconscious and analytical faculties learn from the exchanges while keeping her free will suppressed. In so doing, the blond young woman could neither rebel against instructions nor flee from the influence of the Kimitan witch. Nerti was simply a caged bird, singing on command, in preparation for the great chorus to come.

Yet, the bird’s talons were growing quite sharp as shown by how her instructor sweated in the next exchange. Her blunt weapon swooped close to his neck twice, only narrowly dodged or deflected. Her physical training was nearly complete, and the next phase would commence soon.

Jezibel did smirk to herself as she thought of giving the girl a slight nudge, to be more aggressive, to slay her opponent.

How entertaining would that bout be? she asked herself.

Before she could consider this scheme any further, an alert flashed on the arm of her seat. Her lip curled at the annoyance while she lightly tapped the alert icon. In front of her, a translucent rectangle appeared, displaying the insectoid face of the caller. While his visage was twisted and stretched by the genetic treatment, Jezibel recognized Illirg’s compound eyes and the eager loyalty they expressed.

“Mission report, your highness,” the creature’s voice grunted with a vaguely male tone.

Jezibel grinned to herself. Controlling a bug seemed very easy since they already were genetically predisposed to following orders. Their biological hierarchy demanded that a worker caste like Illirg submit to any member of the royalty class, such as the queen. All Jezibel needed do was supplant the image of the queen in his primordial brain with her own, and dominance immediately resulted. While the genetic treatment administered by Nerti made his body exhibit traits of the royal and soldier castes, his brain remained purposefully unchanged to ensure his loyalty. Now, he would obey any command, suffer any wound, only to earn the telepath’s favor. Moreover, she did not even need to be in close proximity to maintain her sway over him.

“Very well,” she replied. “Make your report.”

“As instructed, I have arrived on Earth. The active cloak prevented even the Arquillian battle cruiser from detecting my approach.”

“Good,” the Kimitan witch answered. “I assume then that you are on the planet’s surface.”

“I am, royalty,” he stated before adding, “but an issue has come up.”

“Oh?” she inquired, a brow rising with her interest.

“While I flew unnoticed with the Arquillian ship, I sighted a Ryoan Ohki-class organic ship coming from the planet.”

A smile stretched across Jezibel’s lips.

Ryo-Ohki, yes?” she asked, already knowing the answer.

“Yes, your excellency,” he answered. “As you commanded, I shot her down while the Arquillians fired on Earth.”

While the galaxy at large heard conflicting accounts of Ryoko’s demise on Jurai, some interested parties knew well that she had survived. Though she could have fled back to the pirate guilds of her home-world, she instead flew to Earth, following her heart’s desire.

And, a heart full of desire is fertile ground for the seeds of corruption, Jezibel reminded herself. All as my Lady has foreseen.

“Well done, Illirg,” Jezibel praised. “This changes your targets’ priority. Be sure to have the ‘seed’ ready when you encounter Ryoko.”

“I will, my queen.”

“Carry on.”

With a wave of her hand, the communication screen vanished, ending the call. Pleased, she smiled widely. While Liaens thought only of his conquest of Jurai, Jezibel had far larger aspirations in mind.

Should Illirg fail, she reminded herself, he will still have purpose in acquiring the pirate.

Meanwhile, the mutated bug lightly slid his claws down a cylindrical container. Within its transparent walls, a black flame writhed and flickered, burning higher as Illirg approached. Against the wall nearest to the insect, the flames pressed against the surface and mimicked a face, smiling knowingly back at him. Marked simply as “II”, the container was one of a pair, the other empty and marked “III”.

“Anything for my queen,” Illirg reiterated.

Tenchi Muyo! vs Men in Black – Chapter 3, Part 1