Reply To: OVA 4: Chapter 3

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction OVA 4: Chapter 3 Reply To: OVA 4: Chapter 3

Nil Admirari
    none
    Chapter 3 has served its audience extremely well, delivering the long-desired wish fulfillment upon the two characters of the love triangle who have been dying to be told he loves them as well as to the fans who have been waiting for this day longer than those two have. It’s almost as if we’re the ones stuck in Washu’s time-dilation machine!

And rather wisely we see the other females in the house affected by his decision. It’s a fact of life that hearts will be broken when the axe is to fall and not everyone was going to come out of this with a wedding ring. Washu playfully pushes her involvement aside, still taking the time to bring it up as she does have some minor stake she would like to claim with him. Tenyo, while not romantically interested, has to come to terms with sharing heart-space with Ryoko and Ayeka. Mihoshi, god bless her, is hurt by the decision but comes to terms with it thanks to Washu and Noike’s reasonable assurances. I feel perhaps the last one was resolved too quickly even for Mihoshi’s ADHD standards though it was great to see it touched upon regardless.

Nobuyuki’s reactions to the news were also something I have been waiting a long time for. After all…

http://i.minus.com/ibnz2i9h4fFnVa.gif" />

Who wouldn’t want to have more of that? He’s a good man who just wants what’s best for his son. I doubt he thought he’d ever see him getting with two lovely ladies at the same time!

Overall a very gleeful chapter with the looming weight of the trials that await Tenchi over his decision. Jurai – could his decision truly split the fleet apart? There is no way they will accept Ryoko as Queen after what she had done and they’re sure to not forget who Tenchi is and where he has come from. What about the enemies he will surely make? Grandpa is seeing to it that his grandson is truly ready for what he is asking for. What about the force destroying whole planets faster than Tokimi can piece the lego bricks back together?

Well, what about it indeed? So we shall find out.