Reply To: Star Citizen

Forums Off Topic Video Games Star Citizen Reply To: Star Citizen

Almael
    Yes, exactly. We modders are used to have to do all details within some kilo polygons. Even the recent Sins of Empire game only allowed up to 20k for ships. And FPS shooters maps like Elite Force1 & 2 aren’t hardly complex at all. SC is a whole quantum leap for everyone. I dunno how exact the count is but it seem 3k for each object in case of the Hornet. That’s a lot. Of all the 0.1% member “3D artists” in the mod section I doubt there are many with any modding experience. It’s going to be a wake-up call for many when they realize the real scope of modding. Although, they shouldn’t have a problem to go all wild as usual without care for polygon counts. Still it’s an alluring prospect to do a big ship. :D

It seems the SDK doesn’t work properly on my machine; too demanding plus a strange windows graphic problem I couldn’t resolve. Teamwork is the magic word for me..

I think SC is gonna kill Eve-online, Star Trek online and most other starship games. Its complexity may become trouble or cause upgrades to take too long. If it does run properly I think it will run for a long time.

I see. If I can run the tools there’s no problem other than time.

Nice, any way I can get my hands on the models? Even if only for looking at. :D