Reply To: Thoughts on Tenchi/Ryoko

highgear56

shadowsfall0 wrote:

I always had a way of viewing it as the way a schoolgirl would act if she liked someone but was a more tough archetype.

Ryoko has not had a lot of time to mature and get everything (Kagato keeping her imprisoned) so she doesn’t know what things are. For instance her line “Gas? What’s Gas?” She never learned how to act and such with people around and so she doesn’t exactly have a sure way as to express herself.

In schools, often the girl will bully the guy she likes a little bit. But take the kid and replace it with a powerful being and the bullying ascends to a bigger scale. So in a way I guess you could say that she was bullying him (except using powers) to kindof tease around since she already loves him. She only became truly hostile whenever the sword appeared and that is because of the memories it possesses.

Though, this is only what my theory is.

I’m still unsure whether it was teasing or not. She blew up the classroom that he barely escaped, almost cut him several times with the sword if he didn’t dodge or the sword unexpectedly protected him.

But I think your analogy is good, makes the most sense out of any I’ve read or thought of.