Reply To: Harry Potter and the Visitors from the Stars HP/TM Crossover

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction Harry Potter and the Visitors from the Stars HP/TM Crossover Reply To: Harry Potter and the Visitors from the Stars HP/TM Crossover

drillmaster
    Chapter 14: No Need for a Horcrux Hunt

“I assume the destroyed house with the snake bones pinned to the fallen door is our target?” asked Sirius Black to the gifted scientist Yume.

She looked at her device and nodded. “Boy, your Dark Wizard sure likes to keep his motif in mind when he does anything, doesn’t he?”

“The only thing our ‘Dark Wizard’ keeps in mind is how to murder us all,” Alastair Moody barked. “Right now we need to focus. You-Know-Who could have an army of Death Eaters inside waiting to kill us. Remember: constant vigilance!”

Yume turned to Tonks. “Is he always this dramatic and paranoid?”

“Actually,” Tonks laughed. “This is him on a good day.”

Moody shot her a death glare that would make an Avada Kedarva proud. “Damn girl, this isn’t a joke! Keep your head in the game Nymphadora! Don’t get too lax!”

“Dont. Call me. Nymphadora!” she flared.

“I’ll do damn well what I want. You: alien warrior; why don’t you enter first? You would probably have the best chance to combat whatever dark forces might be inside there without serious injury,” Moody ordered Hishima.

Yume regarded the auror and sighed. “Look, this is going to be a long and arduous journey if you don’t knock this trust crap off!”

“I’ve lived my life not trusting anyone girlie; get used to it. You have to EARN it like everyone else!” he barked as he got in her face.

Lupin got between the two before they had a full on duel. “Now please! Dumbledore wouldn’t have trusted her with this task, Moody, if he didn’t believe in her!”

“The man’s TOO trusting! Aliens from space…when Voldemort is dead I’ll give you lot my trust. Until then, I’ve got my eye on you.”

“Well children,” Sirius cut in. “I believe our friend Hishima has already entered the shack. Shall we join him or continue yelling about trust?”

Moody gave him a look. “You let him get out of your sight?! Black, you have to think! Wands out; let’s survey the damage.”

The group entered the house one by one. The shack seemed to be destroyed and deteriorated long ago; a thick layer of dust surrounded every corner of the remaining living room. The wizards each had a wand at the ready while Yume fiddled with her invention.

“Yume, what does the scanner say?” Tonks asked, pointing at the small device she was playing with.

“It appears to be under a floor board. Hishima, I would check toward the fireplace. The strongest reading is coming from there.”

Hishima nodded and made his way to the remnants of the fireplace. He started ripping up floorboards at random, searching for whatever small object Voldemort placed his soul into.

“I don’t see anything! Do we have a stronger reading Master Yume?” he asked. Yume shook her head.

“This is as best as we can do for now. On the bright side I don’t detect any living creatures in this shack. Does that calm your nerves?” she asked, looking at Moody.

“My nerves won’t be calmed until every Death Eater and Voldemort are dead. Oh…and when Earth is just for Earthlings again.”

“Are you really going to do this now?” Tonks asked. “I mean, we are about to destroy a horcrux with these people Moody!”

“It doesn’t bother me,” Yume interjected. “I’m not staying on this planet. I have teaching back at the Galactic Academy to do. It’s Washu and the others that I would watch out for.”

Moody rose his eyebrow and was about to counter her statement when Hishima motioned for the group to come to his position. “I think we found it.”

“It” proved to be a golden box containing an equally golden ring with a large jewel in the setting. An odd marking appeared on the actual stone, but none of the Wizards paid it any attention.

Yume pulled out her sword. “Okay Hishima…put down the box and let me destroy it.”

Hishima paid her no attention. He stared at the ring and looked like he was going to put it on.

“Hold on you fool! There may be a curse on it!” Moody cried. He ran over and knocked the ring to the floor. “If you put that on you, you might have died!”

“Thank…thank you Alastair Moody. It was so…powerful,” Hishima whispered, shaken to his core.

“Stand aside and let me do the job!” Moody yelled, taking the sword from Yume and stabbing the ring. The ring cried out in pain and expelled a black puff of smoke as it cracked. The fury in Yume’s eyes needed to be seen to be believed.

“Is it dead?” Remus asked, poking the ring with his wand.

Sirius looked at his friend. “You just asked if a ring was dead Mooney. God I love you.”

“It’s a fair question!”

“Sure it is.”

Yume looked furious and grabbed her sword back. “Never. Touch. My. Sword. Again. “

“Enough chatting!” Moody ordered. “We did the deed, now let’s get to Gringotts and get the other horcrux.”

“But we don’t have a plan!” Tonks protested. “What are we going to do?”

“Make it up as we go along?” Yume suggested, still bitter at the old man.

Moody nodded. “Make it up as we go along.”

*HPVFTS*

The group of wizards and aliens stared at the bank. Of course, since Sirius was a wanted criminal he had to keep the form of a dog in order to cast off suspicion. This did not stop the various wizards in Diagon Alley to stare at a six foot five cloaked man and the famous Mad Eye Moody.

“So Miss Martian, what can your doo-hickey tell us? Do we know where in this bank the horcrux is?”

Yume regarded her data. “From what it seems I can pinpoint the coordinates underground, but we have no means of accessing it. How do you people get into this bank?”

“Well typically, you just ask the goblins to enter your vault and they take you…but breaking in is nigh impossible!” Lupin argued.

“Nothing is impossible Lupin. Improbable perhaps. But impossible? Unlikely. Is there any way of knowing who’s vault it is based on the coordinates?” she asked.

Moody laughed. “Not bloody likely. You would need to know somebody who works here and even then, it’s damn near impossible.”

“What do goblins look like?” Hishima asked.

Tonks motioned toward the floor. “Small, ugly creatures. You would know one if you saw him.”

“Give me half a moment.”

Hishima walked inside the building. Lupin and Tonks looked flabbergasted. “What the hell is he doing?! He’ll blow this whole thing!”

In less than a minute he returned carrying a goblin. “Will this do?” He set the struggling goblin down in an alley nearby. Yume ran after him, motioning for the group to stay where they were.

“What in the name of Merlin are those idiots doing?!”

Lupin started to panic, looking from side to side. “This was a bad idea. We should have come in with a plan!”

“Well what would you have done Lupin?! Marched right in and take the place over…oh wait that’s what it looks like these fools are doing!”

After another minute, Yume and Hishima returned, fiddling with her device. They waved goodbye to the goblin, who looked dazed.

“All right, I think we have what we need,” Yume calmly said.

“What. Did. You. Do?” Moody freaked out.

The alien sighed, unfazed by the growling man. “Hishima quickly brought out a goblin and I probed his mind. I have access to methods more powerful than your memory charms. I ended up gathering enough data to determine the name of the individual who owns the vault. Following that I wiped his memory and made it seem like he went out to deliver something a wizard left.”

The casual way she described this cause Lupin to blink. “I…I have no idea what to say to that.”

“That was way too easy. This has all been way too easy,” Moody muttered.

“Easy for a genius like me!” Yume proclaimed. “Now comes the hard part. According to the information gathered from that goblin I’d say the owner of the vault in question is either one Reginald Lester or a Bellatrix Lestrange. I’m honestly not sure where to go from here.”

The dog that was Sirius started barking loudly. Yume looked to the dog and to the startled looks on the wizards’ faces. “Oh do you know one of them?”

“I might have known! Your aunt always fancied herself to be You-Know-Who’s most loyal follower, Nymphadora. I guess she might have not been exaggerating if he entrusted her with a horcrux!” Moody cursed.

Yume looked from Moody to Tonks. “So you are related by blood? Can we use that at all to our advantage?”

Tonks considered it. “Well I can always try to change my appearance to match her. That might get us into the bank but the Thief’s Downfall would alert the goblins that I was not the genuine article.”

“Change your appearance? You are a shapeshifter?”

“Well technically I’m a Metamorphmagus, but it’s the same thing,” Tonks smiled.

This prompted Yume to start thinking about possible ways to get in to the bank without too much detection. “Alright, I think this can work. Tonks, you and I will go into the bank and get as far as we can. I can take it from there. Once we are down in the depths of the bank it shouldn’t be too hard to pinpoint it.”

“Master Yume, if all you require is to actually get into the bank, do you need to get into the vault in question specifically? Do any of you have a Gringotts account?” Hishima asked.

The wizards looked at him. “Well of course we do! This is the only bank in all of Wizarding Britain!” Moody roared.

“Really? That seems kind of…regardless; Hishima, your idea has merit. It would be safer than trying to deal with the whole ‘Thief’s Downfall’ thing you were mentioning before. Who’s coming with me?” Yume asked.

Moody threw the girl a cloak of some kind and motioned to the bank. “I’m coming girlie. Put this on; it’s an invisibility cloak. We don’t want you to arise more suspicion then you already do.”

“Gosh Mad Eye, I didn’t know you cared.”

*HPVFTS*

Yume clutched the invisibility cloak tightly and stayed behind Moody and the elf that was leading them to the vault. They had mounted a handcart and were racing toward their destination. Underneath the cloak, Yume checked her tracking device. ‘The horcrux itself is not that far from here. If I were to jump now, I should be able to find my way to the vault and carefully make my way inside.’

Throwing caution in the wind, the scientist jumped off the cart and gracefully landed in a deep stance. Following the trace, she made her way down for what seemed like hours as far as she could until she noticed a most interesting sight:

A dragon.

‘This might make things harder…but think of the pure data! Based on the logistics, it stands to reason that the beast is near blind to light. If I needed to, I suppose I could create an artificial suns rays…focus Yume. I just need to get into the vault and forget about the dragon…if that is what it is…” Yume thought to herself.

Quietly, she slunk around the goblins who were working around the dragon. She could tell that the creature sensed her presence but it seemed that the goblins were ignoring the signs. It seemed that it was being used more for intimidation rather than practicality. As long at it did not start viscously attack in her direction, Yume believed that she could actually pull this thing off.

Beyond the dragon was the vault that she was searching for. It appeared to require some magical spell to open it, so Yume summoned her computer and began to type furiously.

“So if I am able to shuffle this to here and open this hole here I might be able to…” she muttered to herself. Finally, the door opened and revealed its contents to the alien woman.

The vault was filled with an odd assortment of items. Besides the plethora of gold coins, several pieces of armor and animal skins called this place home. Yume had no idea which of these things would be the object she desired but given her experience with this sort of material before she knew not to touch anything at all. Thankfully, she was rather well off as Galactic Academy professors were paid rather handsomely for their services, so she had no need for Earth gold.

“Let’s see what I’m looking for…” said Yume, staring at her device. All signs pointed toward a small goblet that rested toward the middle of the room. “Hmm…a cup. How quaint. I should be safe if I merely stab it with the Hizen. There might be a curse on it like with the locket or the ring.”

She made her way to the cup and observed her surroundings. There did not appear to be any traps, but looks could be deceiving. Yume carefully took out the blade and thrust it toward the cup, using all of her abilities to only hit it’s target.

At once, the cup exploded with another fury of wind. The wind started to blow the coins around the vault. One after another, the coins started to multiply.

“I was not anticipating this! How the hell do I get out of here?!” she cursed.

The doorway started to fade from view, replaced with a wall of gold. Thinking fast, Yume started to type on her computer.

“I need to open a subspace tunnel! Come on…come on!”

Finally, a doorway appeared. To Yume’s dismay it was placed in the over piling amount of gold. Rushing toward it, the woman jumped into the gold.

The agony each coin brought was immense. Each coin burned like one of Ryoko’s energy blasts striking her skin. Yume fought through the pain and stretched her hand for the subspace door she created.

Then she fell into darkness.

*HPVFTS*

The light was bright and pounding.

Yume’s eyes fluttered open. As her vision began to clear, she looked around. Was this subspace? How long was she out for?

“Wotcher Yume! You’re finally awake!” the familiar voice of Tonks rang around her.

Weakly, Yume tried to stand up, but found that she couldn’t. “Where…where am I?”

“Mad Eye’s house. It was the closest place to Gringotts and he had some potions on hand that probably saved your life.”

“My life? How…how did I get here?”

The clanking of a walking stick answered her. Yume was now wide awake. The forms of Sirius, Moody, Lupin, and Hishima surrounded her.

“Hmph, the idiot is alive. Welcome back you stupid girl!” Moody grunted.

Hishima knelt beside her. “Master Yume, are you alright? We were very worried that the injuries you sustained were going to be too much.”

Yume examined herself. Though there were countless cuts and bruises all over her, she had to admit that she was feeling much better. Still, she was not fully healed yet and, as such, was still feeling a little weak.

“The last thing I remember is the cup. I stabbed it and destroyed the horcrux, but it caused a chain reaction where all of the gold in the vault multiplied in an infinite loop. I created a subspace door to get out but to escape I had to dive into the scolding gold…” Yume explained aloud.

Lupin scratched his head. “Well after Mad Eye here came back hollering that he had no idea where you were, you suddenly appeared in one of those doors you were just mentioning. I guess you had enough strength to figure out where we were before you passed out.”

“You could have told me what you were doing! There was absolutely no reason why you couldn’t have told me!” Moody told her, causing Yume to blush.

“I apologize Moody. I agree, I was foolish. But how did I get back here?” Yume asked herself. “Hmm…I probably linked to Hishima’s energy signature and opened a door there. How long was I out?”

“Two weeks…maybe three. You were very badly burned. Thankfully Moody here has Healer Grade potions that Snivellus wishes he could have,” Sirius answered.

Yume turned to Alastair. “Thank you Moody. I owe my life to you.”

Moody turned away. “Well make something of it! Now that you are awake we can figure out where this last Horcrux is so we can kick you off this planet!”

“Hand me my tracker,” she said. Hishima handed her the tracker and she began to examine it. “Here, the horcrux is on the move. It looks like it’s in London…”

“That’s where the Ministry of Magic is!” cried Tonks, looking at the tracking device. “What is a horcrux doing in the Ministry?”

“Isn’t Arthur stationed in the Ministry tonight?” Remus said worryingly. “Guarding the…”

“Quiet you fool! That’s secret Order business!” Moody growled. “But you’re right. Voldemort is making a move at the Ministry. Sirius, you are of no use here. Go back to Molly and keep her calm. The rest of us, we need to move!”

Sirius sighed. “That makes sense. Mooney, when you save Arthur’s ass, meet us at the Masaki place. We promised Misaki and Funaho that we’d bring the kids there for break. If Arthur is already there, Molly will have less to argue about.”

“Fine Sirius. See you soon old friend,” Remus smiled.

Moody cleared his throat. “Are you two done yet? Shall I prepare some wine and bring out some tissues? No? Then pick up the pace!”

*HPVFTS*

“What’s so important about this hallway?” Yume asked Moody as they patrolled the Ministry. Both Yume and Hishima were wearing their cloaks and if anyone was questioning their presence they did not make it known.

“Voldemort is after something in this hallway. I can’t go into it any further or else Mad Eye will curse me,” Tonks joked. Moody responded with his now trademark growl.

“What does your device tell us about the horcrux?” Remus asked. “Are we getting closer?”

“Shh! We are entering the Department of Mysteries! Arthur should be through that door and so should the horcrux. Wands out and stay focused! Keep that sword of yours handy, girl!” Moody barked.

Yume raised an eyebrow. “Oh, so you aren’t going to steal it from me again?”

“Maybe I will if I see that you are too weak for the job.”

The sound of slithering became apparent to the group and they rushed the hallway. Suddenly, the shriek of a man was heard as well.

“Was that a snake?” Yume asked.

“Damn it, whatever it is, it found Arthur! Give it everything you have got! We have to stop it before it kills him!” Moody yelled.

The wizards started to shoot aimlessly down the hallway, trying to distract the snake away from Arthur Weasley. The tactic seemed to have worked, as the snake made its way away from the red headed man who had fallen to the floor. Thankfully, he did not seem to be attacked but was merely stunned with fear.

Moody had taken the lead and drew the snake toward him. Spell after spell was fired at it, but it did not seem to work. “Damn…damn it! The snake is the horcrux! The spells aren’t working!”

“Moody, you have the best position! Catch!” the alien woman yelled, throwing the sword in the air.

“Accio sword!” Moody bellowed, bringing the Hizen blade to his hand. In one, swift stroke, he beheaded the large snake. It seemed to cry out in agony as it died, but in the end it collapsed lifelessly to the floor.

Panting, the wizened auror slumped to the floor. “Why did you throw the sword to me girl? What if you missed? We all could have been dead!”

“I figured I had owed you one. Better for you to have killed the snake than an alien like me,” Yume responded back.

Moody regarded her and nodded. “For a self-proclaimed genius, you take a lot of risks.”

“Science is full of risks, Mad Eye.”

The man on the floor began to stir. The bespectacled red head rose up, grabbing his head and looking around. “Mad Eye? Remus? Tonks? How did you get here?”

“We were tracking the snake Arthur. How’s your head? Are you okay?” Lupin asked the man, giving him the one over.

“I’m fine. Almost had a heart attack though. I thought I was going to end up in St. Mungo’s for sure! I owe you all my life! Oh!” Mr. Weasley said, looking at the unfamiliar people in the group. “I must admit you have me at a loss.”

Moody pointed to Hishima. “The big one is Hishima, the runt is Yume. They aren’t from around here, but are helping Dumbledore out.”

Arthur shook their hands. “Well thank you all the same!”

By now a portrait that had been blank moments ago was filled with the picture of an older man. Moody seemed to recognize him immediately. “Professor Everard! Did Dumbledore send for you?”

The picture nodded. “The Potter boy just told us that Arthur Weasley was being attacked by the Dark Lord’s snake. What happened here?”

“We got to the snake first. Tell Dumbledore I’ll debrief him in an hour at the usual place.”

“Oh Professor!” Lupin added. “Tell Dumbledore Arthur is okay and I am bringing him to Japan so he can celebrate the holiday with his children!”

Arthur turned sharply. “I am?”

“You are.”

“Now that you mention it, I do recall getting owls from the kids telling us about their new friends from Japan…oh well, I love a good adventure! Is Molly going?” Arthur added hastily, not wishing to forget his best friend.

“Sirius will probably bring her and the kids over,” Remus replied.

“I’ll relay the message,” the painting nodded, leaving to go back to its frame back at Hogwarts.

“Well Moody, I guess this is where we say goodbye,” Yume stated and she shrugged her shoulders. “Odds are you’ll never see me again.”

“Good riddance.”

She extended a hand to the man. Moody regarded it, paused, and slowly brought his to hers. “You’ve earned it, girlie. Now get off my planet.”

Tonks started to pretend to cry. “This is the most touching moment of my life! I am so glad to be witnessing this historic event!”

“One more word out of you Nymphadora and I’ll tell your mother how fond of your first name you’ve gotten,” the old man retorted.

She folded her arms and gave out a “Hrmph.”

Remus looked over to her, and gave her an odd smile. “Would you like to join us? I mean, it’s not my place to invite you…but…”

“Sorry Mooney, my mom and dad have claimed me for Christmas. Try again for New Years,” she winked and waved farewell to Hishima and Yume.

Lupin sighed. “Oh well, it was worth a shot. Are you lot ready?”

*HPVFTS*

Alastair Moody entered the Hogs Head pub in Diagon Alley and surveyed the place. It seemed to be rather empty, except for the barkeep and a goat. Moody raised an eyebrow. “They let you keep a goat in here Aberforth?”

“Maybe they do. Maybe they don’t. I wouldn’t be asking questions Moody. You wouldn’t want to keep him waiting,” the barkeep responded. He pointed upstairs. “He’s been there for about a half hour now.”

“Joy,” Moody muttered. He gave Aberforth a nod and made his way upstairs to meet Albus Dumbledore, who was waiting with a drink in hand.

“Ah Alastair, I would have gotten you something, but I know you wouldn’t accept it. How have you been?” Dumbledore asked, rising to greet the man.

“I’m tired Albus. I’ve been doing nonstop traveling for about a month now. What started as a babysitting job ended up being a damn hunt for trinkets and snakes!”

“Trinkets? I am afraid I do not follow.”

Moody took a drink from his hip flask. “Does the name ‘Yume’ ring a bell?”

Very rarely did Albus Dumbledore give away a look of surprise, but this was one of those moments. “How did you…?”

“Molly Weasley, surprisingly enough. She expected Black and Lupin were going to go on some damn idealistic crusade while she was away from Grimmuald Place. She asked Tonks and I to keep an eye on them. Little did we know we were being swept up with aliens and horcruxes!” Moody spoke in low tones.

“I see. So what happened? What was the outcome?” Dumbledore asked his friend.

“We got em. There was a ring, a locket, a cup, and the damn snake. I think a few others were taken care of before we got involved though. Regardless, I didn’t ask you here to talk about horcruxes. No, I get that. What I don’t get is how you came to know aliens and how I don’t trust most of them!”

Dumbledore sighed. “Now Alistair, I have never met the Yume girl in person but I have it on good authority that she would have been an invaluable asset. I met them over four years ago and have been in contact with them since.”

“That’s all well and good, but there is something that doesn’t sit right with me. There was a dark force in Japan, where those aliens lived. I felt something in that damn cave I didn’t like,” Moody elaborated. “I think there is something going on that you need to be prepared for Dumbledore. The girl and her helper may be leaving, but I would keep my eye on the others Dumbledore.”

“The girl?” Albus questioned.

“Yume. She…she did okay in the end,” Mad Eye admitted. “But she had to earn that trust with her blood. Keep me in the loop Dumbledore. This will escalate fast whether you accept it or not.”

Dumbledore nodded grimly. “I have already sent Harry and his friends back to Headquarters where they are no doubt on their way to Japan. Events are in motion now that are becoming too hard to predict. I must admit that I have no idea what is to come.”

“Will you stop being so damn cryptic? It’s nauseating!”

Dumbledore ignored the comment and stared out the window at the falling snow. ‘I fear for you Harry. You are still so young to be facing these horrors. I only hope Washu can assist you for what lies ahead.”