Reply To: Harry Potter and the Visitors from the Stars HP/TM Crossover

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction Harry Potter and the Visitors from the Stars HP/TM Crossover Reply To: Harry Potter and the Visitors from the Stars HP/TM Crossover

drillmaster
    Chapter 17: No Need for Snivellus

Severus Snape was not happy.

Professor Dumbledore had asked Snape to locate Harry Potter in order to implement measures to keep Lord Voldemort out of his mind, but this had caused several issues with the disgruntled professor. He did not fathom why he had to be saddled with this task and why he was playing errand boy to his least favorite student. Though the task was necessary, he knew that the boy would be resistant to the idea of it and, as such, he was not looking forward to dealing with that famous Potter attitude.

The issue was now finding him.

He was informed that Potter was staying with Ryoko Hakubi and Ayeka Jurai for the break, information that made his lips curl. Those two had become a constant irritation since they stepped foot on school ground. Between their own little quarrels and their pining for the Masaki boy, Snape learned that they would be an issue that needed correction. He was surprised, however, to hear from Malfoy and Parkinson that they were model students in the Common Room. It was worth looking into, but not enough to make it a priority.

As Severus Snape traversed the woods of Japan, he could not help but feel a sense of dread. It was a curious feeling, but one he discarded. Professor Dumbledore had given him an approximation of where the house would be, so he knew he was close. Soon Snape passed by a cave and the feeling of dread returned. Pulling out his wand, he entered the dark place.

“Lumos,” he whispered. He directed his wand around the room. There appeared to be a little shrine that was rusted over, presumably from age. Toward the back was a fence and a rock. The rock was notable for it being wrapped up. It appeared to have been cut in half at one point. Judging by the material binding the stone together, the cut appeared to have been made a few years prior.

“Interesting. I can detect no actual magic being used, but something is here…something dark,” he muttered to himself.

Exiting the cave, Snape spied a house not too far away. “This must be where Potter is. How quaint.”

Suddenly, an explosion could be heard. Smoke appeared to be rising out of the house and Snape pulled out his wand again in response. Though he did not care to admit it, he had a duty to protect Potter and his students from certain harm.

“What in the…” he muttered.

Sprinting toward the house, Snape was surprised to see the house repair itself almost instantly. It was as if he was imagining things. He rushed past the two logs that stood watch over the house and flew to the door. Hearing laughter inside, he was confused about the sudden lack of concern about the explosion. Snape’s eyebrow twitched as he waited for somebody to answer the door.

In a few seconds, the familiar image of Sasami Jurai filled the doorframe. A look of shock filled her face.

“Pro…Professor Snape! What are you doing here?!” she asked astonished.

“Miss Jurai. I am here on a mission from Professor Dumbledore. May I…step in?” Snape drawled.

Looking behind her frantically, Sasami nodded and let the man in. Snape surveyed the room and was shocked by how many people seemed to fit into one area, including his least favorite members of the Order of the Phoenix.

“Professor Snape?! How did you find my house?!” Tenchi Masaki asked, surprised to see his teacher standing in his living room.

“As I just told the younger Jurai, I am here to deliver a message from Professor Dumbledore. Where is Potter?”

Tenchi snapped out of the shocked look he had a minute ago. “I’ll find him for you! Please make yourself at home.”

A blue haired woman, who Snape presumed was Sasami’s mother, came up and bowed to him. “Hello there, my name is Misaki. Am I to understand that you are the Professor Snape that watches over my little Ayeka?”

He regarded her and nodded. “Ah, well let me give you a hug to show my thanks for taking such good care of my daughter!”

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you Lady Misaki. You wouldn’t want to get his grease all over that nice dress you are wearing!” came the all too familiar voice of Sirius Black.

“Black, I should have known you would be here. Dumbledore told me he was having trouble keeping you locked up. I suggested putting you in a kennel, but he was not too keen on the idea,” Snape retorted.

Funaho, who was also in the room, looked at the men. “I can see that you two do not get along very well. May I ask why?”

“He’s a greasy git!”

“He’s a reckless, arrogant pest!”

A laugh came out from the back room. “Boy, you guys sound worse than Ayeka and Ryoko!” Mihoshi chortled. She came walking in, eating some kind of Japanese dish. Snape was a bit surprised to see her here, but it made sense nevertheless.

“Kuramitsu, I must admit I did not realize you stayed with your students during a holiday. Tell me, does everyone in the Jurai Magical School act so…familiar with each other?” Snape inquired. He had his own doubts about the dubious nature of an underground school forming without any word, but it did not bother him too much. Regardless, it was still worth looking into when time allowed it.

As he suspected, she began to panic a bit. ‘Hmm…this is an interesting response.’ he thought as she babbled on about various things, clearly trying to save face. “I see Professor Kuramitsu. I understand.”

“You do?!”

Snape’s lip curled. “I do.”

“So Snivellus, why ARE you here? What could Dumbledore possibly want that cannot wait until Harry goes back to school?” Sirius pressed.

“Not that it matters to you Black, but the Headmaster believes that it is most important for Potter to…ah speak of the devil,” Severus smiled.

Tenchi had brought Potter into the room at last. He was followed by a menagerie of Hogwarts students, including two of his charges.

“Well now; I was under the impression that Potter would be here, but the amount of students here is…staggering.” Snape sneered, gazing upon the new arrivals. “Regardless, Potter it is important that I speak to you alone. Is there anywhere in this house that we can speak in private?”

Sirius moved toward his godson in a flash. “If you have anything to say to Harry, you say it to me! I’m his godfather after all!”

Snaps sighed, knowing he would find out anyway. “If you insist Black. Masaki, may we use your kitchen?”

Tenchi, still reeling at the fact that his teacher was in his house, nodded. “Sure, uh, Professor! Is there anything we can get for you?”

“I am quite satisfied with Potter. Thank you.”

The three men walked into the kitchen. Muttering a simple spell, Snape made sure that the room was silent and inaccessible. He faced the boy and the man child.

“Now Potter, the Headmaster has decided that it is in your best interest to learn the craft of occulemency given your episode earlier in the month.”

Potter looked confused. “What is occulemency…Professor?”

This boy was hopeless, but it was his job to make sure he did not die. Truly there was none of his mother’s potential in him. “It is the magical defense of the mind. It will help prevent the Dark Lord from looking inside your head; something that the Headmaster believes is a priority.”

Black raised an eyebrow. “That’s a rather obscure bit of magic. When will Dumbledore be teaching him?”

This caused Snape to sigh. “The Headmaster will not be overseeing Potter’s lessons. I will.”

The thought of Snape having private lessons with Potter seemed to have the exact same reaction in Black as it did himself. “WHAT?!”

“I assure you I did not ask for this. Trust me Potter, the less time we have to occupy a classroom the better.”

“But Professor, do I really need to do these lessons anymore? The snake is dead and I’m no longer one of those ‘horcrux’ things,” Potter asked.

Snape stopped breathing and examined the boy. He attempted to peer inside his mind and saw the truth in several images: a glowing blue woman, a shard being destroyed by a sword, several images on a computer, and Potter lying on the ground.

“When did this happen? Does the Headmaster know?!” Snape whispered.

The boy shook his head. “I must admit Potter, this news has taken me quite off guard. The Headmaster….declined to say anything of horcruxes to any other member of the Order. How did you come to know of this development?” Snape pried.

Harry shrugged. “Magic.”

Snape stepped forward. “Do not play games with me Potter! This is serious! I do not believe the Dark Lord is aware of this development but it is still critical that you do close your mind! It may still be in your best interest to have these lessons, but do NOT share with anyone what you have just shared with me, lest of all Dolores Umbridge! You will meet at my office every Wednesday night when term resumes,” Snape instructed. “If anyone asks, you are merely taking Remedial Potions. Trust me, nobody who has seen your performance in class will question it. Now Black, is there anything else you would like to shed light on or are you going to stare there like a dog looking at headlights?”

Sirius got into Snape’s face and pulled out his wand. “Listen to me carefully Snivellus, what you just saw is between you, Harry, and me! If I hear that this got out or if you mistreat Harry at all, you will have to answer to ME!”

“You dare pull a wand on me Black?!”

“I’ll do much worse you slimy git! Just give me a reason…oh please do!”

“Bash his face in!” came a voice from the corner. The two men turned to see Ryoko, sipping sake and eating some kind of rice cake.

“Hakubi! How did you get in here?” Snape muttered.

The woman shrugged. “I walked through the wall. So are you guys going to continue? It was starting to get good.”

Snape composed himself and lifted the spells off the kitchen. “Black, you are a spoiled child. I will not stoop myself to your level. Potter, I expect you in my office on the first Wednesday we return. Hakubi, remember I have my eye on you.”

The man went for the door until he was stopped by the blue haired woman again. “Where are you going Professor? ” she asked.

“I have business to attend to back at the school. Despite what Black must think I do have a job to do. If you would excuse me,” he started before, again, being stopped by the woman.

“If you are going to go so fast, I would like to give you a gift.”

Snape’s lip curled yet again for the umpteenth time today. “A gift, Madame?”

She ran into another room. Snape stood there sighing. He looked at the various people in the house and gave them a look that said “Talk to me and I will make your life hell.” Suddenly she returned; in her hands six jugs similar to the one that Hakubi was drinking out of.

“I had heard from Ayeka and Ryoko that you tried Jurai’s famous Shinzo Sake. I think that, as a token of appreciation for looking after my daughter, I’d like to give you another bottle. These are for you and the other heads of the houses of Hogwarts. I would also pass one on to the Headmaster and that nice Hagrid fellow I’ve heard about. Would you be able to do that for me?” Lady Misaki asked.

Snape was planning on leaving, but her eyes caught him. She seemed so sincere that he felt obligated to assist. Was she bewitching him…or perhaps she was part Veela?

Snapping out of his thoughts, Severus bowed and accepted the gifts. “Thank you Ms. Jurai. I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday,” Snape muttered, not knowing what was going on here. It bore further investigation at a later time, but for now he wanted to get as far away from this house as possible.

*HPVFTS*

“You have deceived me Headmaster!” Snape roared when he returned to Dumbledore’s office. The twinkle that typically occupied the old man’s gaze faded, trying to discern what was troubling his Potions Master.

“Have I Severus? I must admit that I do so many things that I have trouble remembering what any given person might refer to.”

“Drop the act Albus! I know about the Dark Lord’s horcruxes and I know about Potter! When were you going to tell me that he was a horcrux?! You told me everything that we were doing was to protect Lilly’s son from harm!” Severus was seething with rage now.

Dumbledore’s expression gave away his true feelings. He was a bit shocked at this development, but considering the impulsiveness that Miss Hakubi consistently displayed, he should have expected her to take these steps when she was out of his sight.

“What did Washu tell you?”

Snape raised an eyebrow. “Washu? You mean the Ravenclaw? I learned it from Potter himself! I used legimency to peer into the boy’s mind. I saw a glowing, blue haired woman extract what was no doubt the horcrux from his soul using some kind of magic which is unknown to me at the moment. I also saw some kind of rabbit-eared woman display a Muggle computer image of several objects, including Riddle’s Diary.”

Dumbledore considered what Snape had told him. Snape could see that he was deep in thought. This was all a new development to him as well, apparently. “You didn’t know, Headmaster?”

“Oh I guessed, Severus. I could not be certain until I did my own research, but some of our friends went out and took it upon themselves to see what they could find. Did you not question why Alastair Moody knew where to find Voldemort’s snake?”

“Nagini was a horcrux?” the Potions Master whispered.

The Headmaster nodded. “So it seems. With her death and Harry’s extraction, I do believe that the threat of horcruxes might be at an end. I do, however, humbly request you to make sure that Voldemort does not suspect anything.”

Snape stared at him. “You expect me to do your dirty work when you do not have the decency to tell me about Potter?! Why should I do anything for you?”

“Severus, you are acting rash. I apologize to you, but I have not shared this with another soul save for the Hakubi girl.”

The black haired man’s expression grew quizzical. “Let us follow that thought: what is so bloody special about her?! I looked everywhere in Japan for a HINT of a Juraian Academy or whatever they are called and I can find none! The only inkling I had was when I visited their house and Jurai’s mother mentioned it!”

“Ah, I have yet to have the privilege of meeting her. Was she a nice woman?”

“Well I suppose…wait, you are changing the point! Do not try and mock me Dumbledore! What is going on here?!”

Albus stared into the man’s eyes. “You ask me to keep secrets for you Severus. I will not betray the trust of another who has asked the same of me. If she chooses to share with you, as she has with Sirius Black and Remus Lupin, that is up to her. I do ask that you do not pester her. All you need to know is that I trust her and those she associates with. Now was there anything else of note in Japan before I send you on your merry way?”

Snape started to leave before he stopped. “Actually, Headmaster, I have two things of note.”

“Oh? Do tell Severus.”

The man pulled out the jugs that the Jurai woman gave to him and placed them on his boss’ desk. “These are gifts from Jurai’s mother…as a thanks for watching her daughters. They go to Filius, Pomona, Minerva, Hagrid, and you, Headmaster. I do wish to inform you that it is nothing like I have ever tasted before. It is…enlightening to say the least.”

Dumbledore looked at the bottle, opened one and took a sip. “My, that is tasty. I am not one to typically drink, but I must ask Ayeka where to find this. I will see to it that these are delivered. Now, what was your second concern?”

Snape adopted a serious look on his face. “Headmaster, I was disturbed by something that I encountered at the Masaki residence.”

“Go on.”

“There was a cave on the property. I believe it was a shrine of some kind. There was a dark energy there…some kind of dark magic was once used there. I am not sure what, but it happened at least a few years ago,” he elaborated.

Dumbledore nodded. “Yes, I believe I know what you are referring to. It is a long and complicated tale; nothing that needs to be looked into any further. It might, perhaps, be best used as a red herring.”

“A red herring? What do you mean?”

“Consider this: Voldemort has been on the move to acquire the prophecy that you interrupted so many years ago. Now that his magical familiar is dead, he might look into the horcruxes or he might double his efforts to break into the Department of Mysteries. If this bit of information were to fall into his pocket, it might buy us some time before he realizes that Nagini was not merely killed because of the threat on Arthur Weasley’s life.”

Snape paused and thought about it. The idea had merit, though he wished he understood what occurred there that the Headmaster was withholding from him. Regardless, what choice did he have?

“Consider it done Headmaster.”

*HPVFTS*

Snape moved around the dark hallway of the safe house. It was an old Muggle building that had once been owned by the Dark Lord’s Muggle father years ago and was now housing his most trusted followers. At the present moment, only that slime Peter “Wormtail” Pettigrew and Lucius Malfoy were in the house.

And, of course, the Dark Lord himself.

He was pacing around the room, looking furious. He had been in a foul mood indeed since Nagini had been killed. Rookwood and McNair were almost killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time on that day. It was a very tense environment for all of the Death Eaters.

“My lord,” Snape announced, letting his presence be known.

Voldemort regarded the man. “Severus, I am in no mood today for you. Give me a reason why I should entertain anything you say.”

“If my Lordship wishes for me to leave, I would do so kindly. However; I have news from both Hogwarts and Japan.”

The serpentine, red eyed wizard stopped. “What need have I for news from Japan? My concerns are here in Britain.”

“Yes, my Lord, but as of this moment, Harry Potter is in Japan.”

This caused Lord Voldemort to stop pacing around. “Japan? The boy is in Japan? Why is this of importance?”

“I visited him on Albus Dumbledore’s orders. He is presently staying in the Okayama Prefecture with some friends that he made from school. Lucius, I am sure you have heard of them from Draco.”

The blonde hair man nodded. “I can indeed vouch for him, my Lord. Draco came home with the most amazing tales of visitors from a Japanese school, including asking about something called ‘sake.’ Two of them are in Slytherin house, a Hakubi and a Jurai if I recall.”

“While this is indeed fascinating news, Potter is not my concern right now; the prophecy is. I am also troubled by the ease in which Alastair Moody killed my dear Nagini. He will be dealt with properly, of course, and I know for certain one of my plans is still in place in its cave hiding place…I visited it personally and refortified its defenses,” Voldemort spoke cryptically, referring to what Snape believed to be a horcrux that seemed to not be found yet. He would have to tell Dumbledore the first chance he could get.

“My Lord, I am aware of your desire to distance yourself away from the boy, but I was not referring to him. While I was at the house, I came across a dark cave of sorts. It seemed like Dark Magic was used there…I am unsure whether that is cause for concern…” Snape interjected before being cut off himself.

“This might be worth looking into. Japan, eh? This might be a task I can do myself. If Dumbledore is aware of Potter’s presence there, may I assume there are Order members there as well?” he asked.

“The werewolf Lupin, Sirius Black, and the Weasley blood traitors.”

Voldemort thought about it. “I should have known. I will make my visit when I know term has started again at Hogwarts. The less attention I bring, the better for us all. You have done well to bring this to my attention Snape. Lord Voldemort always rewards his followers. Lucius, continue your planning for the Department of Mysteries. We will make our move when we free Bella from Azkaban. Remember Lucius, I WANT that prophecy!”

The sniveling toad known as Wormtail stirred. “What about me, my Lord?”

Voldemort adopted a look of disgust. “Get out of my sight.”