Reply To: Harry Potter and the Visitors from the Stars HP/TM Crossover

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction Harry Potter and the Visitors from the Stars HP/TM Crossover Reply To: Harry Potter and the Visitors from the Stars HP/TM Crossover

drillmaster
    Chapter 24: No Need for Revelations

A cheer erupted throughout the Great Hall. The portraits started to clap, the ghosts began to dance, and the students were hollering out in joy.

“I…I killed him?” Harry said, breathless and full of amazement.

“Though you might have technically brought about his death, one might say Voldemort killed himself,” Dumbledore exclaimed. “You merely sent his own attack back at him.”

Tenchi came over and nodded. “You didn’t kill him in cold blood Harry. If Voldemort had conceded the battle, he would still be alive.”

Harry locked eyes with Neville who was watching the whole thing. The two boys nodded at each other, both happy to know their family had now been avenged without either having succumbed to bloodlust.

“Got it!” Yume called out. The room was filled with a blinding light. A few moments later, the form of Washu Hakubi had returned to normal.

“Ugh, my head…Yume?! The hell are you doing here?” the scientist groaned.

Yume patted her rival on the back. “Saving your sorry ass. Your ‘dark lord’ was just killed by the former horcrux kid.”

“What?! No!” Washu cried, trying to get to the body.

Dumbledore met her halfway there. “Washu, I am thrilled to see you rev…”

He was abruptly cut off by the pink haired girl grabbing his robes. “Get the kids out of here, now! I was wrong, Albus! You had to have been right! I was too damn stubborn…”

The old man blinked. “What are you…?”

“I know what Voldemort found! Ryoko, prepare yourself to fight! Professors, get this Hall cleared!” she screamed.

Washu ran over to the body of Voldemort and started to type at her computer. All around her the students of Hogwarts were running away with their lives, being directed away by their professors and Mr. Filch. In no time at all, the only remaining people left in the Great Hall were the Order of the Phoenix, the various members of the D.A., and the visitors from the stars.

“This body needs to be dumped in a subspace wormhole and destroyed before it happens! Why didn’t I listen to you Albus?” Washu frantically spoke. She spun around when she noticed several of the students were still here. “Harry, Neville, Luna! This is no joke! You need to get out of here!”

Neville stood his ground. “This is our school. You taught us how to fight, we are here to defend it from whatever you are worried about!”

Without warning, the body of Voldemort began to jerk around. The gems from the hilt of the Master Key began to glow brightly and directed a beam of light at the corpse. A burst of energy surrounded the room, knocking everyone on their feet.

“What in the name of Merlin is going on here girlie?!” Alastair Moody yelled.

Ryoko and Ryo-Ohki started to scream in pain and collapsed to the ground. Tenchi tried to reach the pair but was stuck by yet another burst of energy.

“He’s back! Dumbledore was right all along. I don’t know how he found out about it, but he was right…he used the black flame projection…” Washu groaned, reaching her feet once more.

“Black flame what?!” Severus asked. “What are you blabbering on about?!”

Dumbledore drew his wand. “She means that Voldemort’s newfound power was derived from the being who started all of this mess…the one directly responsible for causing Mr. Masaki to meet all of his friends…the one responsible for me learning about them to begin with.”

“And the one who will murder you all,” a new voice spoke out. Voldemort had picked himself up off the ground. His eyes were no longer blood red, but were a shade of yellow. He started to laugh maniacally. “What gave me away?”

“You knew about my teachings as a professor you monster! Voldemort would not know that…but you would, wouldn’t you Kagato?”

“Kagato?!” several voices cried at once. The Great Hall was now completely still once more. All of the members of the Order of the Phoenix had their wands pointed at the reanimated body of Lord Voldemort.

“What’s a Kagato?” Severus Snape asked.

“Kagato is a wanted intergalactic mass murderer. He kidnapped me for over 1000 years and brainwashed Ryoko into doing his dirty work. He was killed by Lord Tenchi about five years ago, but you found a way to come back somehow, didn’t you?!” Washu yelled at the man.

The corpse laughed. “Please Professor, you know me too well. You should have guessed that I would have devised a back up in case the Crown Prince would best me. Of course, I assumed that person would have been Yosho and not the boy, but it is of little concern.”

“But how?” Ayeka asked. “Miss Washu told us that she combed the galaxy in every well known place that you have ever visited! How did you end up in the Masaki shrine?!”

“My dear Princess, like you I too was alerted to Ryoko’s resurrection. Remember, I had her in my possession for over 700 years. Did you all honestly believe that I would not have more advanced ways of tracking her?” Voldemort-Kagato scoffed.

“But if that was the case, why did you not come straight to Earth after Ryoko’s failed attempt to capture Tsunami?” Yosho tried to find out.

“Her energy was…blocked somehow. No doubt by your tree, Yosho. Upon her revival, I entered the cave and discovered it was sealed enough to suit my purposes. Once I discovered that you, Ryoko, the gems, and the princesses were all in one place it was simple enough to seal a portion of my soul away.”

“Hold on,” Hermione asked. “Weren’t you trying to destroy the Earth? Wouldn’t the soul flame be destroyed with it?”

Kagato laughed. “Clever girl! However, your logic is flawed. As long as my body was intact, nothing would happen to me. Of course, Mr. Masaki saw to my untimely demise. I was rather fortunate that dear Washu did not check Ryoko’s cave more thoroughly or else I would have completely ceased to be.”

Ayeka turned and started to yell. “Miss Washu! You mean to say this is all your fault?!”

“Hey, I never said I was perfect!” Washu tried to defend herself.

“Yes you have,” Fred pointed out.

“Several times, I believe,” George added.

“Enough!” Alastair Moody cried out. “We are all wasting time here! If this man is a vicious killer then we better do something about it besides twiddle our thumbs together and make small talk!”

“Oh I quite agree. Avada Kedavra!” Kagato said, pointing his finger at Moody, who was pushed out of the way by Hishima at the last second.

“HISHIMA!” Yume cried out angrily.

“Avada Kedavra can’t be used as wandless magic…” Moody muttered, barely comprehending what just happened. “How did you do that?!”

Yume was on the ground, cradling her friend. “Who cares how he did it…Hishima is dead!”

“I have all the powers of this body and all of the powers of my old one. Every time Voldemort tapped into my abilities, he allowed me to take more and more control over him. He did not realize this, of course. He still believed he was immortal due to some foolish anchors he had installed,” Kagato laughed as he started shooting energy blasts at the wizards, who had formed a shield to counter it.

“He has more power than anyone we have ever dealt with,” Remus Lupin expressed. He was looking quite worried

“Snap out of it Mooney! We are Marauders! We don’t take this kind of challenge sitting down!” Sirius growled. “I’m going to duel him one on one.”

“And kill yourself in the process?!” Harry cried. “You’re mental if you do that Sirius! We need a plan!”

Sirius looked at his godson and realized how terrible it would be if he left him an orphan…again. “Damn it Harry. Okay, what is out plan here? Albus? Snivellus? Granger? ANY ONE?!”

“He has too much power!” Albus told the group. “I do not know how long I can hold up against him, but I will have to try!”

“You can’t Albus! If you die, who will protect our school?!” Minerva cried.

“She’s right Albus,” Washu added. “He’s too strong. We need a miracle…and time to think of something!”

Kagato kept pounding at the magical barrier around them. “My, my. Your magic is strong…very strong indeed. It seems like this will get us nowhere, so how about this…I will start killing the children of this school one by one until you drop your shield and fight me face to face.”

Suddenly, Kagato was blasted from behind. He spun around and saw the form of Ryoko rising back from the floor.

“Ah, you surprised me there Ryoko! I had almost forgotten about you. I’m surprised you have any energy left.”

“Stay…away…from my Tenchi!” Ryoko roared. She mustered up all of her energy and started attacking Kagato with every energy blast she could aim. When the smoke cleared, Kagato remained standing, unharmed and undamaged.

The yellow eyed man teleported over to her and grabbed her by the throat. “Your time with the Masaki boy has made you weak Ryoko. What happened to my undisputed killing machine? No matter, you have made this even easier for me.”

Kagato raised the form of Ryoko in the air and started to choke her. “I am going to kill Ryoko here unless you drop your shield and face me Masaki!”

The shield dropped almost immediately and Kagato was met with a punch by a blur of purple. Ayeka had adopted her own battle uniform and rushed out to attack the man. “You will not harm any of us again!”

“Princess Ayeka, you have grown more powerful in the past few years. A pity that it won’t be enough to stop me,” Kagato laughed. He slapped her in the face and she went flying back. “I grow weary of these constant distractions so this will be my last offer: give me the sword or die.”

Tenchi stepped forward. “Tenchi, don’t!” Ron called out. “It’s a trap!”

“I have to Ron. He’ll kill them…I won’t let anyone die on my behalf.”

“Good boy! Come now, the sooner I receive the sword the sooner you all will be on your way,” Kagato plainly told him. He reached out to grab the sword and Tenchi motioned to hand it over.

“Expelliarmus!” a voice called out. The sword flew from Tenchi’s hand and was caught by Harry Potter. In that moment, Ryoko managed to kick herself free from Kagato’s grip, grabbed Tenchi, and flew back to the still form of Ayeka. Harry gripped the hilt with all his might and pointed his wand at Kagato. “Step away. Now.”

“This is quite a surprise. The Boy Who Lived…I have learned so much about you since coming back from the dead. Voldemort feared you, did you know that?” Kagato asked. “He thought you would be dangerous as a symbol…a cause to rally behind. He was not that stupid I must say.”

“I don’t care about Voldemort. I care about my friends…my teachers…my family,” Harry coolly told him. “Do you fear me?”

“No. No I don’t.” Kagato produced an energy sword and went to strike Harry down. A flurry of blasts were aimed at the sword: the members of the Order of the Phoenix were trying to stop Kagato’s sword with no luck. As Kagato stuck down on the form of Harry, a light filled the room.

Tenchi had managed to produce three blades of light seemingly from nowhere. He transformed his battle armor into something even more ornate: the outfit of the Light Hawk Wings. Tenchi ran at Kagato and managed to stab him through the chest. The body of Voldemort which Kagato inhabited began to cough up green bile. “The damn Light Hawk Wings…they won’t help you now…” he stumbled toward Tenchi.

“Kagato, you can’t win! Just stand down!” Tenchi tried to reason with him.

“Please boy, you think you have won this time?! I am a beautiful animal! I am a destroyer of worlds!” Kagato boasted. He moved away from Harry, who held onto the hilt of the Tenchi-Ken tightly. He looked to Yume, still mourning over Hishima. Suddenly he had an idea.

“Accio Hizen Blade!” Harry yelled. The blade Yume borrowed left her possession and flew to Harry. He caught it and slipped the other hilt into his pocket. As Kagato was boasting, Harry swung the sword high in the air and stabbed down as hard as he could.

The cool metal of the blade cut through Kagato’s body like butter. The yellow eyes of Kagato faded back into its unnatural red. “You…you…I yield…” was the last thing he managed to say before finally succumbing to his wounds. The form of Voldemort collapsed to the floor, dead.

Mad Eye Moody moved to the corpse and prodded it with his wand. “I think Potter and Masaki did the deed.”

“You mean…?” asked Lucius Malfoy.

Moody nodded. “It means your old boss is dead dead.”

“Let the joyous news be spread, Voldemort at last is dead!” Mihoshi yelled in joy. The remaining teachers and students in the Great Hall erupted in a jubilant cheer.

Washu went over to the corpse and opened up her computer. “There are no vitals at all, but I do not wish to take any chances. If possible, I’d like to confiscate the corpse to make sure it does not reanimate itself again.”

Albus nodded. “I suppose that is fair. I do think we need to show the body to Fudge. No doubt he is going to want answers about why Dolores Umbridge is dead.”

“Fair enough.”

Mad Eye Moody, looking over to Yume, felt he had to do something that he had at one point found incredulous. He walked over to the sullen scientist and put his hand on her shoulder.

“He was a good warrior,” Moody struggled to find the proper words.

“Yes.”

“Girlie…Yume, I don’t say this to a great many people so don’t ask me to repeat it: I was wrong. You and Hishima…you both earned my trust. I’m sorry it had to end this way,” Moody told her.

Yume blinked and stared at the man. He extended his hand out to shake and she met it. “Paranoid wizard.”

“Alien pest.”

At the same time, Harry and Tenchi’s friends surrounded the pair. “Tenchi, you did it! I was so scared!” Sasami told him, hugging her friend.

“You did pretty good back there Tenchi. It just shows me that I have a long way to go in my own training,” Neville nodded.

Tenchi thanked the two but tried to get up. “Where are Ryoko and Ayeka? Are they okay?”

“We are okay Lord Tenchi!” came the wheezing voice of Ayeka, blood running down her forehead. She looked injured but was instantly aided by a woman in a nurses outfit.

“Oh Madame Pomfrey, it’s just a scratch. I really don’t think…”

“Hush you! Alien princess or not, you are still technically my charge so sit still while I help you with that,” the witch told her. “Miss Hakubi was just as resistant, but as you can see, she is doing rather fine!”

Madame Pomfrey pointed to a heavily bandaged woman who Ayeka could barely make out to be Ryoko. Ayeka started to laugh at how ridiculous she looked before it dawned on her that she would be undergoing a similar treatment.

“Harry, you were so brave out there!” Ginny told the shaking form of Harry. She put her arm over his back and started to rub it. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah…it just…it just hurts a bit on the inside.”

Sirius came over, motioned for Ginny to step aside, and slapped Harry hard on the back. “Harry, you did it! You saved both the world and the galaxy!”

Groaning in pain, Harry shot a look to his godfather. “Was that slap really necessary?”

“No, but it looked like you two were getting too close. I have a duty as your godfather to uphold!”

Ron looked to Sirius. “What does he mean by that?” He looked to his now blushing sister. “What does he mean by that?!”

Hermione sighed and patted him on the back. “I’ll explain when you are older Ronald.”

“So what happens now?” Luna asked innocently. The various remaining people in the Great Hall turned to her. “I mean, you all did what you set out to do. You saved us all and stopped Kagato from returning. But what are you going to do Washu?”

“That’s a good question Luna!” Lee agreed. “What’s going to happen to us? Are we going to get our minds erased or something?

Washu blushed. “I…err…well to be honest that was the original plan…”

“WHAT?!” the girls cried.

“You can’t do that Miss Washu! I still have a month left on my contract!” Mihoshi protested.

Sasami started to tear up. “Everybody here is our friend Miss Washu! Please don’t do that!”

“I know! I know! I’ve grown rather fond of you all too…but what can we do? The Earth is not ready to know about the existence of us yet…it could be disastrous…”

Yume, stopping her conversation with Mad Eye, walked over. “Don’t these people thrive on secrecy? If you all didn’t know magic existed, I think they can do a bang up job on keeping you all under wraps.”

Washu sighed. “I…err…”

Albus smiled. “Miss Washu, I think we can do our best to keep the identity of your origins a secret. I do believe Mr. Malfoy here has enough pull in the Daily Prophet to keep that detail mum, wouldn’t you say so?”

Lucius blinked and stared at the crowd of people who looked like they wished to kill him. He looked to his son, who shared that same, piecing gaze. “Very well. I will do what I can…as a gift for saving me from the sway of the Dark Lord yet again.”

The Great Hall started to trickle in with the students of the school. Friends rejoined friends and everybody seemed a bit brighter than when they woke up this morning. The storm had passed and the candle was relit. Hogwarts finally regained peace and all was well.