Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 16-20

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Discussion: Episodes 16-20 Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 16-20

wwwwhhhhoooo
    none
    As soon as I had an inkling that Ryoko and Beni would come to blows (even before I “peeked” I thought it was very likely going to occur), I figured this would happen: people will start thinking of Tenchi, Ryoko & Beni in terms of power level ‘x’ or some such innocuous analysis. For many reasons, including comedy, Ryoko and Beni were presented as fairly evenly matched.* The champ vs. the up-and-comer, getting to literally fight for Tenchi (well, at least, from Ryoko’s viewpoint lol) instead of “new girl gets Tenchi because new girl is bestest girl because reasons.” What better way to represent the clash of House Masaki vs. Junai academy than with these two?

Also, did anyone catch Touri sitting in the audience at the play eating Sasami snacks? You know, just like she said she wanted to do in Episode 17? 😆

I’m also curious: who was supposed to be the princess in the coffin? It was empty when Tenchi landed in it, right? Anyway, next episode should be good!

*But, you know, for real real, my girl The Devil Caller better not lose to the rookie!