Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 21-25

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Discussion: Episodes 21-25 Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 21-25

evilpii
    Participant
    none
    Today’s competition starts off with a foot race through some strange obstacle course, and a lot of outside interference. butts1 Despite Tenchi’s plea for fair play, Yuki summons Goriki to take out her competition, including Hachiko.

This episode got to focus heavily on Hachiko and Yuki, showing again Hachiko’s “little girl mode” as well as Yuki’s scheming determination. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that the Science Club is not simply the whipping boy of the Student Council. When Goriki took Hachiko’s bokuto, Yuki pretty much had a clear shot at victory if she had rushed to the finish. She seems a more viable threat for a change. badass1

However, Hachiko had some character growth today. Momo’s cheers broke through some of her “little girl mode” and got her running again, just long enough for Tori to gain control of Goriki. woooo1 Hachiko even had “success sparkles”. iloveit1 Naturally, Goriki gets taken out again, but I bet he will return soon enough. blush1

I can relate to Tenchi’s concerns, and I note again that there are no other faculty or administrators here besides Ukan and her “toy”. Ukan does seem to be running the whole show, and enjoying what she sees. Might there be something about her we don’t quite know yet? qt1

What contest lies next? gendo1