Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 36-40

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Discussion: Episodes 36-40 Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 36-40

WisperG
    I’ll a little behind. I just watched episodes 37-39.

At first I, and I think a few others here assumed cave-digger Mihoshi was the same Mihoshi from the Feudal Era who, like Beni and Momo, would up at Junai after getting sucked into the wormhole. But she seems to recognize them, so I guess this really is “their” Mihoshi and Washu must have sent her at some point before or after she sent the rest of the gang?

We finally know that Washu is behind the actions of the science club, which opens things up to a lot of possibilities plot-wise.

Also, I love her Eva/2001 communication monolith. That gave me a good laugh.

The reappearance of Tenchi’s smartphone was a big surprise, although I do find it odd that none of the science club members seemed to recognize the crab-symbol on the start-up/loading screens, when it’s plastered right on the front of their monolith. Or why they don’t immediately question why this “ancient” phone belongs to Tenchi. They just make a “Tenchi is a lolicon” joke upon seeing the wallpaper, but otherwise it doesn’t seem to phase them even after Tenchi brings up the beach trip himself. Rui even says “Masaki-Sensei from 1300 years ago…” as a lead-in to the joke, but does anyone stop and think “Hang on. Why does this 1300-year-old phone seemingly belong to Tenchi…?”

No, they don’t. aquateencarl1

But perhaps this will be addressed in the next few episodes.

I did appreciate the subtle Ryo-Ohki reference in the password. But where is the little bugger!?

EDIT:

I’ve now finished the week out with Ep.40

Momo’s narration had more potentially important and perhaps plot-related information that usual. A school legend about a human vs. demon war that the recent school activities are typically symbolically (but in this case, literally?) in preparation for? That can’t be coincidence.

That, along with Mihoshi’s earlier comments about the “creator” are two very big, suspicious question marks that will hopefully be answered soon.