Reply To: Live Actions & JDorama Review & discussion

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Live Actions & JDorama Review & discussion Reply To: Live Actions & JDorama Review & discussion

Almael
    Majisuka Gakuen

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjgDfXMh2dw[/BBvideo]

TYPE: drama

GENRE: shojo yankee

YEAR: 2010-Jan-08 to 2010-Mar-26

Cast: AKB48

Intro:

Majisuka Gakuen is the first show in a series of shows about delinquent school girls and their struggles. The show was filmed in the second half of 2009.

Summary:

Majisuka Gakuen 1 is about Atsuko who is transferred to a delinquent highschool she didn’t aimed for. She has lost meaning in life and only exists to keep her promise. Through conflict, suffering and fights she rediscovers her way in life at yet another loss.

Critique:

Story wise it’s your typical fighting/delinquent type of story. It’s about average and cannot compete with GTO. However, the AKB48 cast are what’s driving the show. This show has one of the highest well chosen cast I have seen even better than GTO. The majority of which performed their role nearly perfectly. They aren’t at their best, though, as there aren’t that many different opportunities. It’s nonetheless very enjoyable to watch the show. The thing I dislike the most are the huge number of cuts and flashes. This is mostly due to the fact that the AKB48 cast are far from martial artists. Their stunts are contact-less. I would liked to have a cleaner OP, too.

Verdict: 8.7

cast: 9.5, very fitting

cast performance: 9.5 very good

script/directing: 7