Reply To: Live Actions & JDorama Review & discussion

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Live Actions & JDorama Review & discussion Reply To: Live Actions & JDorama Review & discussion

Almael
    Well, MG4 is for promoting the new girls. So its cast is no surprise. But they are the best there is…

As far as fights go Sakura is really good even though she knows close to nothing about martial arts. Paruru/Salt, Yui/Otabe etc. are veterans so their parts got dumb down no surprise there.

Obviously, the staff realized that AKB48 and their sister groups will fall out of favor as soon as the original members (1-3. gen, 6th. Yurina/Center, Yui/Otabe) graduate. Hence, they have made the plans for MG4 to MG7. Even though hulu got a few million more subscribers because of MG4 I doubt that would change anything. The new girls (12th+ gen.) are just different. They have a different view and aim. They joined because they want to be part of AKB48 and not because of ambitions as the originals.

I haven’t followed them but by a glance I don’t see many top material. Yamamoto Sayaka(Antonio) and a few others are good but just not many. Sayaka is as old as Yurina & Yui so she will leave soon, too. Yui will be the new general manager she’s likely stay or another 5 years at most. After that I bet the whole group will go down.

I dunno about other idol groups but it seems the Hello Project! is the only real rival.

Patlabor – the Next Generation had some of them. Although, the first impression was quite impressive I doubt it’s representative.

BabyMetal is way too much of a niche group and not really idol-like. Only a few could do it. And the ones that are on it are already the best there is.

Mai Kuraki’s 15th Anniversary show…”The Most Popular Asian Influential Japanese Singer” she’s hardly an idol anymore.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSh2ihdYOY240taRjXGR62KE_KynGd8BvBXUa-aCgJz0UInbGmxVM_smrI" />