Reply To: Live Actions & JDorama Review & discussion

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Live Actions & JDorama Review & discussion Reply To: Live Actions & JDorama Review & discussion

Almael
    Zettai Kareshi [Absolute Boyfriend]

Type: relationship drama

Genre: romance comedy

Year: 2008-Apr-15 to 2008-Jun-24

Summary:

Izawa Riko has been turned down numerous times by men due to her seriousness. Namikiri Gaku talks her into a 5-day free trial of his company Kronos Heaven’s ero-robot 01 prototype. 01 is the perfect male humanoid tailored to the owner’s ideal image of a lover. He is devoted and completely loyal to his lover. An unexpected love triangle develops.

Critique:

From the start the show has numerous good actors/actresses among the cast and huge guest cast. Despite that it appeared ordinary at first and I had my doubts about a few things. However, as the story progressed the show became a lot more entertaining and my doubts got resolved.

Aibu Saki (Izawa Riko) plays the duck that becomes a swan. She is truly unsuspecting. Hayami Mokomichi (Tenjo Night) plays the oblivious sex crazed ero-robot causing Riko many troubles that are hilarious at times.

Interestingly and surprisingly, the show’s actors speak french quite well unlike the engrish in some other shows. I can at least make out 80% of it. Overall it’s very entertaining.

Verdict: 8.3

Cast 8

Cast performance 8

Script/Directing: 9