Reply To: Live Actions & JDorama Review & discussion

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Live Actions & JDorama Review & discussion Reply To: Live Actions & JDorama Review & discussion

Almael
    What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim/김비서가 왜 그럴까/Gimbiseoga Wae Geureolkka (Korean)

https://post-phinf.pstatic.net/MjAxODA1MjlfMjQw/MDAxNTI3NTcxMjg3NzQz.vYbSffXdERY7J9AXD-MfdwvPbN8HfDGVu7YeVQDC23sg.xQqwj1VFNwpZQXOgfN_5DVCwB19wBZHwT4U06owVsI0g.JPEG/page.jpg" />

Type: romance, comedy

Genre: Drama, office, romance

Year: 2018-Jun-06 to 2018-Jul-26

Synopsis/Summary:

One day, Kim Mi So, head secretary of Lee Young Joon, decides to quit her job. Young Joon is dumb founded as there’s no better (servile) secretary in the world. He starts to do anything to keep her by his side.

Critique:

Honestly, I watched it because the couple from “Because This Is My First Life” made a cameo appearance, including theme BGM. It’s their alternative future and past in this show.

It also features a glimpse of “Another Oh Hae Young”. Don’t ask me why they blurred it.

I didn’t plan to watch it but the main actors kept me watching the show. Admittedly, there were times I skipped parts for various reasons that are irrelevant in this review.

Park Min Young plays Kim Mi So. Honestly, I didn’t recognize her but her superb performance caught me. She’s so gorgeous in this show. It’s how she looks these days, though.

Park Seo Joon plays Lee Young Joon. Young Joon is a notorious, ignorant narcissist. There’s nobody in the world who could put up with him. The contrast between him and Mi So gives rise to a lot of fun, entertaining, an expressive situations.

Since it’s a comedy, the cast may come across as weird but they did a good job in pulling it off. The story isn’t great. It’s all about relationship, life situation, past secrets, and a cruel experience.

There’s no other reason to watch this show other than to watch the actors. Because of them the first episode is a very good intro episode. Most shows half fail to catch you in their first episode. So this was a surprise.

Verdict: 8.5

Cast: 8

Cast performance: 9.5

Script/Directing: 8

[BBvideo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz-A5Pv-_1E[/BBvideo]